This Antipasto Italian Salad recipe is one that you will make again and again. It’s a delicious low carb Mediterranean dish you and your family will be happy to devour.
Low Carb Italian Salad
There are times that a gal just needs a salad. KWIM? (Know what I mean?) However, sometimes a simple salad is just not enough.
This low carb Italian Antipasto Salad is great for lunch or dinner, is easy to make, and is loaded with flavor. Let’s take a quick peek at how to make it.
How To Make Antipasto Salad
First things first – the dressing. It’s not difficult to make salad dressing – you simply whisk together ingredients and magic takes place to transform them into this beautiful concoction that is yummy.
For this dressing, you need to whisk together olive oil, Balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and garlic. Then add a little salt and pepper.
Create a base of greens for the salad. You can use a mix of salad greens or any type of lettuce that you like. Just make sure that it is well chopped. (Nothing like trying to get a large piece of lettuce in your mouth when dining with guests. Yikes!)
On top of the lettuce base, add salami, mini pepperoni, olives, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, banana peppers, and cheese cubes.
Arranging the toppings in groups makes for a better appearance.
If you plan on serving this to guests, consider making an Antipasto Salad Bar. You could prepare all of the ingredients a day before the event. This would allow you more time with your guests and less time in the kitchen when the day arrives.
Place the toppings in cute bowls and the guests can arrange their salads to their liking. Though not low carb, you can serve this salad along with crunchy Italian breadsticks.
- 5 ounces salami
- 5 ounces mini pepperoni
- 2 jars olives
- Marinated artichoke hearts (12 ounces)
- Grape tomatoes
- Lettuce – Any variety you like
- 8 ounces Mozzarella Cubes
- 8 ounces Pepper Jack Cubes
- ½ - 1 cup Banana Peppers
- Parsley (optional)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
1. Prepare the dressing by whisking together all the ingredients.
2. Assemble the salad by adding the lettuce on the bottom. Add meats, cheese, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, banana peppers, olives, and parsley together. Combine and drizzle with dressing.
1. You can easily swap out any of the ingredients to fit your preferences. Mushrooms, bell peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, green onions, and Colby cheese are all ideas to consider.
2. For meal-prepping, chop and dice all the ingredients and keep them separate until you are ready to serve. The dressing can be made up to a week in advance. You can make as many batches as you want.
3. This is a very large salad and makes great leftovers. Once the dressing is added it will wilt the lettuce faster as it sits in the fridge.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 438Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 1078mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 21g
Nutrition information is an approximation.
Happy & Healthy Eating!