Julie’s Cheesy Lasagna is hands down the best lasagna I have ever eaten. Try it and you will see why it’s my family’s favorite lasagna.
My family loves it when we have game night. A couple of our friends come over and we eat and play games. I am not sure which is the better part of the two. I especially love it when my friend Julie makes dinner. Recently, she made a lasagna that was to die for. Luckily, we can all enjoy the recipe for Julie’s Cheesy Lasagna since she was so kind to share it with us. This is a dish that you need to make.
Look at those layers of deliciousness just beckoning to be eaten. While I cannot attest to how easy it is to make, I can testify to how incredibly delicious it is. I will be surprised if you have any leftovers when you make it.
- 32 oz Ricotta Cheese, whole milk Galbani
- 16 oz Mozzarella Cheese Shredded, Galbani part skim
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Grated
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce, 24-25 oz (Bertolli 5 Cheese)
- 1 jar Marinara, 24-25 oz (Dell 'Amore Traditional)
- 9 oz box of no boil lasagna, Barilla
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, minced
- 1 Tablespoon basil
- Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the ricotta, half of the mozzarella, parmesan, parsley, and basil.
- Spread 1 cup of sauce in a 13 x 9 inch baking pan (I like glass).
- Place 3 lasagna sheets on top of sauce followed by 1/4 of the cheese mixture, and 1 cup of sauce.
- Repeat layers of lasagna, 1/4 cheese mixture, and sauce 3 more times (last layer only add 1/2 cup sauce).
- Put an additional layer of lasagna on top with last 1/2 cup of sauce on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45-60 minutes (less time if using glass pan).
- Remove foil and add the rest of the mozzarella cheese and sprinkle Italian seasoning on top. Bake uncovered for 5-10 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and let sit for about 15 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 473 Total Fat: 32g Saturated Fat: 19g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 123mg Sodium: 852mg Carbohydrates: 13g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 5g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 32g
Serve this baby with some garlic bread and a side salad and you will have one incredible dinner. You could add some cooked ground beef or Italian sausage to the dish if you’d like and it will still be wonderful.
Looking for a side dish to go with this delicious main course? This Caprese Salad from Salty Side Dish pairs well with this lasagna. Buon appetito!