This Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie combines the flavors of luscious cheesecake and sweet strawberries in one delicious no-bake pie.
All it takes is a little Cool Whip and a box of JELL-O to make delicious pudding pies.
To help minimize the chaos at our house with the start of school, I decided to make a couple of them – one for my husband who does not eat chocolate, and another for those of us who do. Then when someone wants a snack or when we have guests over and want dessert, all I have to do is pull one out of the freezer.
The base of the pies is made with a box of JELL-O pudding and an 8-ounce carton of Cool Whip. Pudding pies are a cinch to make and you could easily adapt the base recipe to suit your tastes.
For Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie, I bought the following:
- a box of JELL-O Strawberry Crème instant pudding mix,
- 2 – 8-ounce cartons of Cool Whip,
- cream cheese,
- some strawberry kefir,
- some sliced sweetened strawberries,
- and a prepared graham cracker pie crust.
After allowing the cream cheese and Cool Whip a little bit of time to soften and thaw (about 30 minutes), I am able to whip up the pie in only a matter of minutes. Granted, it does need to freeze for a couple of hours before serving, but the amount of work going into the pie is minimal.
- 1 8- ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup strawberry kefir or yogurt drink
- 1 small package, 3.4 oz JELL-O Strawberry Crème instant pudding mix
- 2 8- ounce packages Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 large prepared graham cracker crust
- Sweetened, sliced strawberries
- Whip cream cheese in mixer for 1 minute until light and creamy. Add strawberry beverage and mix at low speed for 30 seconds, carefully scraping side of mixer. Beat at low speed until cream cheese has crumbly appearance.
- Add pudding mixture and mix on low speed for 30 seconds. Increase speed to high and beat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 8 ounces of Cool Whip and mix on low speed until mixture is well blended.
- Pour pudding mixture into prepared pie crust.
- Using a large decorator tip, fill pastry bag with remaining Cool Whip. Pipe rosettes around edge of top. Freeze pie for at least 2 hours.
- Garnish with sweetened, sliced strawberries if desired.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 463Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 346mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 7g
Nutrition information is an approximation.