Ever hear that expression “Easy as pie?” It must be a reference to Peanut Butter Pie. (It can’t be a reference to apple pie – that’s a lot of work!) You don’t need any baking skills in order to make this pie. A good sturdy mixer is the only tool you’ll need.
- You start with a premade graham cracker pie crust.
- Next, combine 1/2 cup of peanut butter with 1 cup of milk in a mixer and blend well.
- Add 1 small box of instant vanilla pudding and mix for 2-3 minutes.
- Add a small carton of Cool Whip and mix until well blended.
- Pour into prepared pie crust and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer 30 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with more whipped topping, if desired.
Note: If you would like to decorate the top with Reddi-wip, only do so prior to serving. If left too long it “melts.”
- 1 graham cracker crust
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 small package instant vanilla pudding
- 3 cups whipped topping
- Reddi-wip for the topping
- Line crust with layer of whipped topping.
- Gradually add milk to peanut butter in a mixing bowl, blending until smooth. Add pudding mix and beat 1 -2 minutes. Fold in remaining whipped topping.
- Spoon mixture into pie crust.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Allow to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 334 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 3mg Sodium: 227mg Carbohydrates: 30g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 14g Protein: 6g
Tasty tidbits to jazz up this simple pie:
- Use a chocolate pie crust
- Add chopped peanuts
- Use hot fudge or chocolate sauce drizzled on top to garnish
- Use chocolate curls as a garnish
- Place layer of chocolate sauce on bottom of crust before adding pudding mixture
- Place a layer of bananas on bottom before adding pudding mixture
Other Recipes You Might Like:
- Brownie Sheet Cake
- Brown Sugar Glazed Meatloaf
- Southern Buttermilk Biscuits
- Quick and Easy Chicken and Dumplings