This Baja Shrimp Salad with Roasted Corn is bursting with flavor and is a filling meal full of good-for-you ingredients.
This post was sponsored by Fresh From Florida as part of Influencer Activation for Influence Central.
It’s official. Summer is here and there couldn’t be a better time to enjoy Baja Shrimp Salad with Roasted Corn made with Fresh From Florida produce and seafood.
Warm weather is the perfect time to sit on your patio and enjoy a bowl of Baja Shrimp Salad with Roasted Corn with your family. Made with beautiful corn that is bursting with flavor and succulent pink shrimp caught off the coast of Florida, it’s a healthy salad you can feel good about eating.
Don’t let all of these instructions fool you – this dish is not that difficult to make. To make it, start by prepping the shrimp if it hasn’t been already. You will need to remove the shell, legs, and devein it. Once the shrimp is ready to use, place it in the refrigerator.
Meanwhile, prepare the corn for the grill. Pull the husk down and remove the silk. Soak the ears in a large pan of water or in a clean sink basin for 10 minutes.
While the corn is soaking, combine olive oil and seasoning to make a marinade for the shrimp. Remove the shrimp from the fridge and place on metal skewers. Brush the shrimp with the olive oil mixture on both sides, cover with plastic wrap, and place back in the refrigerator.
Now’s a great time to heat your grill to medium-high heat.
You should have a little time at this point to make Avocado Cilantro Dressing for the salad. Toss the ingredients in your blender and process until smooth. The dressing will be a little on the thick side. You can add additional water to thin it. (Start with just 1/4 cup – you can always add more water, but you won’t be able to take any away once added.) Place the salad dressing in the refrigerator.
Drain the water from corn and place on your grill. Roast it for 15 – 20 minutes, rotating every 5 minutes. Remove corn from grill and allow it to rest for a few minutes before cutting the kernels off the cob.
Turn grill up to HIGH setting. Place shrimp skewers on grill and cook for 4 minutes until lightly charred. Flip the shrimp over and cook for an additional 2 minutes – until the shrimp is no longer opaque. Remove it from the heat and allow it to sit for a couple of minutes. Carefully remove the shrimp from the skewers. (Be very careful – the skewers could still be really HOT.)
Assemble the salad by placing a bed of lettuce in a salad bowl or on a plate. Top with roasted corn, black beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, cheese, and shrimp. Pour salad dressing on top.
Baja Shrimp Salad with Roasted Corn
- 4 ears Florida corn
- 1 pound Florida pink shrimp peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- Lettuce torn or shredded into pieces
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cucumber peeled, sliced, and cut into quarters
- 1 cup grape tomatoes cut into quarters
- 1 cup shredded cheese
Avocado Cilantro Dressing
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 garlic clove minced (or 1 teaspoon prepared minced garlic)
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- juice from one lime
- Pull husks down and remove silk from corn. Soak corn in cool water for 10 minutes.
- Place shrimp on metal skewers. Combine olive oil, cumin, garlic powder, and chipotle chile powder. Brush shrimp with olive oil mixture, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate.
- Heat grill to MEDIUM. Drain corn and place on grill and cook for 15-20 minutes, rotating every 5 minutes until done. Remove from heat and allow to cool before cutting kernels off cob.
- Turn grill to HIGH. Cook shrimp for 4 minutes on one side until lightly charred. Flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until no longer opaque. Remove from heat.
- Assemble salad: Place lettuce in bowl or on plate. Top with roasted corn, black beans, tomatoes, cheese, shrimp, and dressing.
To make Avocado Cilantro Dressing
- Combine ingredients in blender and process until smooth. Add up to 1/2 cup additional water if needed to desired consistency.
Doesn’t it look great? If salads “aren’t your thing,” you could take the key ingredients – shrimp, corn, beans, and cheese, and create a rice bowl instead.
Did you know that Fresh From Florida and the Florida Department of Agriculture guarantees fresh and delicious food? Now’s the perfect time to get cooking with some delicious produce and seafood from the sunshine state.
Make something healthy and wholesome for dinner tonight!
Other Dinner Recipes You Might Like:
- Shrimp and Sausage Jambalaya – This dish is a taste of New Orleans. Serve over rice with some warm, crusty bread for a delicious dinner.
- BBQ Shrimp and Grits – Creamy, cheese grits topped with BBQ shrimp – now that’s what I’m talking about!
- Instant Pot Shrimp, Sausage, and Peppers – Put your Instant Pot to good use and make a batch of this gluten-free dish that is low carb and delish!