Make this Shrimp, Smoked Sausage, and Peppers recipe in your Instant Pot for a quick, delicious meal that tastes like it’s been simmering all day. This gluten-free dish is low-carb and perfect for those on a ketogenic diet and pretty much everyone else.
I think this Shrimp, Smoked Sausage, and Pepper recipe is probably my favorite recipe from Michelle Fagone’s The “I Love My Instant Pot®” Gluten-Free Recipe Book: From Zucchini Nut Bread to Fish Taco Lettuce Wraps, 175 Easy and Delicious Gluten-Free Recipes (“I Love My” Series). With the shrimp, sausage, and peppers, the flavors remind me of jambalaya.
Shrimp, Smoked Sausage, and Peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion peeled and diced
- ½ green bell pepper seeded and thinly sliced
- ½ red bell pepper seeded and thinly sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, including juice
- 2 pounds large uncooked shrimp peeled and deveined
- 12 ounces smoked sausage sliced into ½" sections
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
- Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot®. Add olive oil to pot and heat 30 seconds. Add onion and peppers and sauté 5 minutes until onions are translucent. Add tomatoes with juice, shrimp, sausage, Old Bay Seasoning, salt, pepper, and water. Lock lid.
- Press the Steam button and adjust time to 0 minutes. When timer beeps, quick-release pressure until float valve drops and then unlock lid.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer mixture to four bowls and serve warm.
Excerpted from The "I Love My Instant Pot®" Gluten-Free Recipe Book: From Zucchini Nut Bread to Fish Taco Lettuce Wraps, 175 Easy and Delicious Gluten-Free Recipes by Michelle Fagone (CavegirlCuisine.com) Copyright © 2018 Adams Media, a division of Simon and Schuster. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.
The “I Love My Instant Pot®” Gluten-Free Recipe Book is fast becoming one of my go-to cookbooks. The recipes are easy to follow and most of them seem to be low carb (with the exception of the dessert recipes). Other recipes from this book that I have tried – and you can, too – are:
- Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Bowls,
- Quick Beef and Broccoli,
- Caprese Chicken Bowls, and
- Homestyle Meatloaf.
This cookbook will make a great addition to your cookbook collection. It also makes a great gift for anyone who has an Instant Pot.
Look for The “I Love My Instant Pot®” Gluten-Free Recipe Book at your local bookstore or order it from Amazon.com (see below).