This recipe for Caribbean Chicken is easy to pull together and it adds a bit of flavor to otherwise plain chicken. Pair it with your favorite rice and a green side for a delicious meal.
My favorite thing to do with it is to place it on top of a bed of chopped lettuce along with chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, spicy black beans, cheese, and matchstick carrots. Top all of that with a Cilantro Avocado dressing and transport your taste buds to the Caribbean.
If you’re not a fan of spicy foods, then be sure to remove the seeds and pith (the white membrane) from the jalapenos. This will help cut down on the heat.
If your chicken does not have the beautiful brown glaze, let it cook for a little while longer so that all of the flavors caramelize. Be sure to keep an eye on it, though, because you don’t want to overcook it. Chicken is “done” once the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
For the Marinade:
- 4 medium green onions, sliced
- 1-2 jalapeno chilis, seeded and chopped (for additional heat, leave seeds in)
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup honey, warmed slightly to soften
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add marinade ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine. Place chicken in a shallow dish or resealable plastic bag.
- Pour marinade over chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Prep your grill or heavy flat-bottom skillet to medium-high heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place on grill or skillet. (Use a non-stick skillet or add olive oil to skillet prior to cooking chicken.)
- Cover and cook for 6-7 minutes per side or until internal temperature has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Baste with marinade during cooking, but discard any remaining marinade before serving.
Recipe originally appeared at Katom.com and reprinted with permission.
Serving Size:1 chicken breast
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 507Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 169mgSodium: 721mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 54g
Nutrition information is an approximation.
This recipe for Caribbean Chicken originally appeared on Katom.com.