Meatloaf ranks among the top 100 classic comfort foods in America. It’s great for a family weeknight meal as well as special occasions.
This recipe for Home-Style Meatloaf takes all of the classic flavors of traditional meatloaf, is gluten-free, and made in an Instant Pot. If you don’t have a glass pan like me, you can make do by forming an Instant Pot-safe bowl out of foil. Make sure that the seams are sealed so that it doesn’t leak any juices.
How To Make Home-Style Meatloaf in an Instant Pot
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup peeled and finely diced yellow onion
- ¼ cup seeded and finely diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
- Combine glaze ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all meatloaf ingredients (except water) with your hands.
- Form mixture into a ball, flattening the top, then place meatloaf into a 7-cup glass dish. Brush top of meatloaf with 1/2 of glaze mixture.
- Add water to the Instant Pot®. Insert steam rack. Place glass dish on top of the steam rack. Lock lid.
- Press the Meat button and cook for the default of 35 minutes. When timer beeps, release pressure naturally for 10 minutes. Quick-release any additional pressure until float valve drops and then unlock lid.
- Remove meatloaf from pot and let cool at room temperature for 10 minutes. Gently tilt glass bowl over the sink and pour out any liquid. Brush on remaining glaze. Slice meatloaf and serve warm.
Excerpted from The "I Love My Instant Pot®" Gluten-Free Recipe Book: From Zucchini Nut Bread to Fish Taco Lettuce Wraps, 175 Easy and Delicious Gluten-Free Recipes by Michelle Fagone (CavegirlCuisine.com) Copyright © 2018 Adams Media, a division of Simon and Schuster. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 521Saturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 189mgSodium: 935mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 31g
This home-style meatloaf is just one of many delicious gluten-free recipes that you will find in Michelle Fagone’s The “I Love My Instant Pot®” Gluten-Free Recipe Book: From Zucchini Nut Bread to Fish Taco Lettuce Wraps, 175 Easy and Delicious Gluten-Free Recipes (“I Love My” Series).
Did you catch that – 175 recipes that are gluten-free. And delicious. If you find yourself responsible for cooking for someone with a gluten allergy or intolerance, this book is a life-saver. If you are in the mood for chicken, then you should try Michelle’s recipe for Chicken Fajita Bowls (pictured below).
Look for The “I Love My Instant Pot®” Gluten-Free Recipe Book at your local bookstore or order it from Amazon.com (see below).