Little Banana Cakes
Have ripe bananas and not sure what to do with them? Make delicious banana cake with them. I am going to tell you about my favorite Baby Banana Cake recipe that I use to make for my family, as well as share with you my own take on that recipe for a gluten-free version.
I have made Mom Foodie’s recipe for Baby Banana Cakes with Vanilla Caramel Glaze several times. The first time that I made them, the whole batch was gone before I ever made the glaze. Like – vanished without a trace. They were that good. Even without the glaze.
Baby Banana Cakes with Vanilla Caramel Glaze (sans the glaze)
The recipe is a definite keeper for my family and me. If you ask me for a recipe using bananas, it is one that I highly recommend to you.
A few weeks ago I had a whole bunch of bananas ripen before I knew it, so I made a batch. Since I had so many bananas, plus the fact that I feel better when I avoid gluten, I thought it would be neat to adapt the recipe using gluten-free ingredients.
Gluten-Free Mini Banana Bundt Cakes
I nailed it! I ended up making three batches over a couple of days. To keep from eating them all at once, I wrapped them individually with plastic wrap and frozen them. They’re not difficult to make and make a great dessert, snack, or for me – breakfast! I still did not make the glaze, but you are welcome to try it. (Click here to get the recipe at Mom Foodie’s blog.)
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 medium banana
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously spray nonstick mini Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Place softened butter and sugar in mixer and beat until creamy.
- Add banana, eggs, vanilla, and milk and beat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix 1-2 more minutes until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Lightly tap pan on counter to help batter settle.
- Bake 20 - 24 minutes or until done.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes in pan before inverting baby cakes onto a cooling rack. Allow to complete cool before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 403 Total Fat: 25g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 134mg Sodium: 333mg Carbohydrates: 40g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 28g Protein: 7g
My daughter has tried both versions and likes them both, too. The recipes are an excellent way to use up those bananas that have ripened and are sitting on your counter top.
What’s your favorite way to use ripe bananas?
Other Recipes You Might Like:1