Want some S’Mores but don’t want to have to start a campfire to enjoy them? Then this recipe for Mini S’Mores Pies will be perfect for you. There are only 4 steps, so you could say that they are easy as pie to make.
What’s better than spending time with friends? How about making and eating Mini S’Mores Pies with friends?!
In this day and age with our busy schedules, it is often difficult to maintain our adult friendships. I am fortunate that two of my nursing school friends and I get together once or twice a month. Last week I told them that I would take care of lunch and dessert. My children went with me and we stopped at Walmart on the way over to pick up all of the things that we would need. My children requested that we have S’Mores for dessert, but rather than making the traditional treat, I decided to make Mini S’Mores Pies.
The weather was typical of that during the mid-Summer in the South – we had afternoon showers. During that time the gals and I talked about what was happening in our lives while our kids played. While we were talking I took the time to show my friends how to make these miniature sweet treats.
How To Make Mini S’Mores Pies
Simply prepare a small box of chocolate pudding with 2 cups of half-and-half. Allow it to set in the refrigerator (twenty to thirty minutes should do the trick). Once the pudding is ready, spoon it into six miniature graham cracker pie crusts. Top each pie with miniature marshmallows.
Place all of the pies on a cookie sheet and place in the oven and set it to BROIL. Keep a close eye on the pies to make sure that they don’t burn.
Remove the pies from the oven and place a small chocolate bar, broken in half, on top. If the chocolate does not melt, place them back in the oven for just a moment longer until the candy bar is soft and slightly melted.
- 1 small box chocolate pudding, approximately 3.5 ounces
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 6 miniature graham cracker pie crusts
- 1 bag miniature marshmallows
- 6 snack-sized milk chocolate bars
- Combine pudding mix and half-and-half in medium size bowl and whisk until well blended. Place in refrigerator and allow it to set (about 20-30 minutes).
- Spoon pudding into pie shells and top with miniature marshmallows.
- Place pies on cookie sheet and place in oven and set oven to broil. Broil until tops of marshmallows begin to brown. Remove from oven.
- Break chocolate bars in half and place two halves on top of each pie. If bars don't melt, place back in the oven and broil until chocolate bars are soft.
Serving Size:1 pie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 382
Two of the things we can never recover are the occasion after it was missed and time after it has passed. Make time to spend with your friends. Savor the occasion. And if you like S’mores, try out my recipe for Mini S’Mores Pies and share this post with your friends. They’ll thank you for it.
More delicious pie recipes: