This Blueberry-Lemon Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Bake recipe is like a cool twist on bread pudding using fresh blueberries and canned cinnamon rolls with icing. What’s not to love about this breakfast bake that could also be eaten for dessert?
Fresh blueberries rank among the best fruits that you can eat. One little cup has only 80 calories and supplies 25% of the daily recommended allowance of Vitamin C.
Blueberries also have fiber and are a source of manganese. You could say that blueberries are a little fruity powerhouse.
How To Make Blueberry Breakfast Bake
For this recipe, blueberries are combined with a luscious, cream cheese, and lemon mixture. For the dough portion of the recipe, all you need is one package of Pillsbury™ Grands!™ refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing.
The dough is separated into 5 rolls. (The icing needs to be placed back in the refrigerator.)
The biscuits are cut and added to the cream cheese mixture, spooned into a baking dish, and then popped in the oven for approximately 35 minutes.
Brace yourself – it’s so delicious and the smell of the cinnamon rolls baking is a*mazing!
- 1 8 - ounce package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 Tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1 17.5 - ounce can Pillsbury™ Grands!™ refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave cream cheese and powdered sugar uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds, stirring after 30 seconds, until softened. Stir until smooth. Stir in blueberries and 1 tablespoon of the lemon zest.
- Separate dough into 5 rolls; return icing to refrigerator. Cut each roll into 6 pieces; stir into berry mixture. Spoon and arrange in baking dish.
- Bake 34 to 38 minutes or until bubbling around edges and dough is baked through in center. Cool 10 minutes. Transfer reserved icing to small bowl, stir in remaining 1 tablespoon lemon zest. Spoon icing mixture into small resealable food-storage plastic bag; partially seal bag. Cut off tiny corner of bag; squeeze bag to pipe over top of breakfast bake. Serve warm.
Shout out to Pillsbury for allowing me to share their recipe with you!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 406Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 825mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 2gSugar: 22gProtein: 7g
Nutrition information is an approximation.
Did you know that you can use a can of Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Southern Homestyle refrigerated biscuits to make Chicken and Dumplings? It’s true.