This post is brought to you thanks to Pillsbury.
These Quick Cinnamon Roll Muffins are a twist on classic monkey bread but without all of the fuss. They’re packed with cinnamon and topped with creamy icing.
With some tasty short-cuts, you won’t be stuck in the kitchen all day making these sweet treats.
Let me show you just how easy it is to make them.
You start with a can of Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls – the large 17.5 ounce can, either with Extra Rich Butter Cream Icing or Original. (They’re both available at Walmart.)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Place muffin liners in a muffin pan and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray. Next, combine sugar and cinnamon to make homemade cinnamon sugar. Easy peasy, right?
Unroll the cinnamon rolls and then cut each one into six wedges. I like to use a pizza cutter, but a knife should work well.
Next, take five wedges, separate the layers, and roll them around in the sugar mixture. It works best if you start with the larger pieces and do a few at a time.
Place the sugar-coated pieces in muffin cups. The smaller pieces work out best on top.
Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool for about 10 minutes. Now for the best part – the icing! Remove the metal rim from the icing cup and microwave it for 10 quick seconds and then drizzle it on top of the muffins.
Quick Cinnamon Roll Muffins
- 1 17.5- ounce can Pillsbury Grand Cinnamon Rolls
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Pomegranate seeds for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 6 muffin cups with aluminum or paper liners and lightly coat with non-stick spray.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in medium size bowl and set aside.
- Unroll cinnamon rolls and cut each roll into 6 wedges.
- Separate the layers of five wedges and dip each layer in cinnamon sugar. Place the wedges in one prepared muffin cup. Repeat with remaining wedges.
- Bake for 15 – 17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove metal rim from icing and place icing in microwave for 10 seconds on HIGH.
- Spoon or drizzle icing over muffins.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, if desired.
For a festive touch, sprinkle some fresh pomegranate seeds on top.