The sweet crumbly topping of these Bakery-Style Blueberry Muffins is the pièce de résistance. Make them and it will be love at first batch.
Blueberry muffins are my favorite type of muffin, especially when they are bakery-style. The sweet crumbly topping is the pièce de résistance for me.
A few years ago I found a recipe online and it was love at first batch. Okay – I know I am not good at making up funny lines, but it was love at first bite. The batter creates a light, moist crumb, and the topping is sweet and crumbly. For me, it really is the perfect bakery-style blueberry muffin recipe to make at home.
How To Make Bakery-Style Blueberry Muffins at Home
To make it, start by preparing the crumb topping. I find that it works best to use softened butter. If the topping is too moist, refrigerate it for a bit to firm up. You can then take a fork to break it up into small pieces.
Next, I make the batter. It’s best not to over mix the batter. Doing so will result in tough muffins.
Next, the blueberries get dusted with a little flour and sugar before being folded into the batter.
Now there are just a few more things to do: spoon the batter into prepared muffin cups, sprinkle on the topping, and bake for about 20 minutes.
One last thing – they need to cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 5 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Combine topping ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl until it becomes crumbly. Set aside.
- For the muffins, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, oil, buttermilk, vanilla, and melted butter. Pour liquid ingredients into flour mixture and blend until moistened. Combine blueberries, flour, and sugar and fold into batter.
- Spoon batter into 18 prepared muffin cups and sprinkle with topping. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until done.
Serving Size:1 muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 266mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is an approximation.
What’s your favorite muffin?
Recipe adapted from http://acooksquest.blogspot.com/2011/04/102-blueberry-muffins.html.
Other Southern Kissed Favorite Recipes You Might Like: