This Blueberry Coffee Cake recipe is one of my favorites. It’s slightly sweet and is great for either brunch or dessert. Or both – I won’t judge.
This coffee cake would be great for a get together for friends, neighbors, Sunday School class, etc. It would also be great to take to work to surprise your co-workers.
How To Make Blueberry Coffee Cake
Blueberry Coffee Cake
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine brown sugar, 1/3 cup flour, cinnamon, oats, and cold butter in food processor and pulse until crumbly. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream softened butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt and add to the creamed mixture, alternating with milk. Mix well.
- Spoon 2/3 of the batter into a greased 9-in springform pan. Top with blueberries followed by the remaining batter. Sprinkle crumb topping over cake.
- Bake for 65 – 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing sides of pan.
- Michigan is the number one state in highbush blueberry production with growers producing over 100 million pounds of blueberries every year?
- Blueberries are one of the easiest fruits to enjoy – just pick, wash, and eat.
- It takes about 4 cups of blueberries to make a blueberry pie. The recipe for Blueberry Coffee Cake takes no more than 2 cups.
- One cup of blueberries has approximately 80 calories.
Food Quotes to Enjoy
- “One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.” Virginia Woolf
- “It’s fun to get together and have something good to eat at least once a day. That’s what human life is all about – enjoying things.” Julia Child
- “First we eat, then we do everything else.” M.F.K. Fisher
- “You are what you eat, so don’t be Fast, Cheap, Easy, or Fake.” unknown
- “People who love to eat are always the best people.” Julia Child