This recipe is a great option when you’re craving something sweet and indulgent. The creamy pudding filling, chocolate crust, and coffee flavor combine for an unforgettable dessert that will be the talk of any party or event! Impress your friends with this delicious Mocha Pudding Pie that they’ll never know how easy it was to whip together.
All it takes is a little Cool Whip and a box of JELL-O to make delicious pudding pies. (If you don’t eat chocolate, then be sure to check out my recipe for Strawberry Cream Cheese Pudding Pie.)
The base of my pudding pies is made with a box of JELL-O pudding and an 8-ounce carton of Cool Whip. The pies are a cinch to make and you could easily adapt the base recipe to suit your tastes.
To make my Mocha Pudding Pie, you need the following:
- espresso powder
- 1 small package (3.9 oz) JELL-O Chocolate instant pudding mix
- 2 small containers (8 ounces each) Cool Whip
- a chocolate cookie pie crust
- chocolate covered espresso beans and chocolate shavings
🔪 How To Make Mocha Pudding Pie
You start by adding espresso powder to the half-and-half. That’s the mocha part of the pie. Once the espresso has dissolved, slowly add the box of pudding.
Now it’s time to bump up the speed a little and beat the mixture on high for 1-2 minutes. You want it to be nice and smooth.
Next, fold in one container of Cool Whip that has been thawed in the refrigerator. Pour the pie mixture into the pie crust.
The last step before freezing is to add the decorative edging around the rim of the top. Take the other carton of Cool Whip and place it in a pastry bag that has been fitted with a decorator tip. (I like to use a tip with a large opening.)
Now you are ready to freeze the pie. Allow the pie to firm up in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
For a final touch, top the pie with chocolate-covered espresso beans and chocolate shavings.
Mocha Pudding Pie
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 Tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1 small package 3.9 oz JELL-O Chocolate instant pudding mix
- 2 8- ounce packages Cool Whip thawed
- 1 prepared chocolate cookie pie crust
- Chocolate covered espresso beans and chocolate shavings for garnish if desired
- Combine half-and-half and espresso powder in the bowl of a stand mixer. Stir until espresso powder has dissolved completely.
- Add pudding mixture and mix on low speed for 30 seconds. Increase speed to high and beat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 8 ounces of Cool Whip and mix on low speed until mixture is well blended.
- Pour pudding mixture into prepared pie crust.
- Using a large decorator tip, fill pastry bag with remaining Cool Whip. Pipe rosettes around edge of top. Freeze pie for at least 2 hours.
- Garnish with espresso beans and chocolate shavings if desired.
Store the pie in the freezer.
If you have tried this pudding pie, please let me know in the comments below what you thought about it. I’d love to see your photos of it on Instagram. Tag me – @southernkissed or use the hashtag #southernkissed.
Other Pie Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Peanut Butter Pie – Creamy peanut butter is mixed with pudding and Cool Whip to make an easy no-bake pie.
- Key Lime Pie with Grand Mariner Whipped Cream – This recipe created by Lucy Buffet is topped with an adult-friendly whipped topping.
- Coconut Cream Pie – This luscious pie is rich and coconutty and is company-worthy.
- Mini S’mores Pies – You don’t have to have a campfire to enjoy these sweet little pies that have all of the great flavors of s’mores.
Talk To Us