This delicious Strawberry Pie has four layers – a bottom crust topped with sweetened cream cheese which is followed by strawberries and whipped cream! The perfect dessert for any occasion, it’s the kind of pie that will have your friends coming back again just so they can get their hands on some more.
Strawberry season is one of my favorite times of the year – all those lush, sweet berries beckoning to be picked. Then once they have been picked, they need to be eaten right? This simple Southern dessert will satisfy your craving!
At only 6 calories per large strawberry, I love to eat them au natural. But when I want to share them with friends and family, I use them to create pies, top cakes, and make strawberry bread which are perfect for sharing.
How To Make Strawberry Pie
For this delicious pie recipe, you need the following ingredients:
- an unbaked pie crust
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- vanilla extract
- fresh strawberries
- black pepper
- Whipped cream
The first thing you need to do is to bake the pie crust. Take a fork and poke holes in the pie crust to release air that would otherwise bubble up and make a lumpy pie crust. Bake the pie crust according to package directions and let it cool.
Next, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla together until it becomes soft. Spread the cream cheese mixture onto the bottom of the cooled pie crust. Place it in the refrigerator while you work on the strawberry layer.
Place the remaining berries in the pie crust on top of the cream cheese layer. I recommend that you slice the berries in half. Pour the strawberry sauce over the berries and chill for 2 hours.
Top with whipped cream and enjoy.
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 1 8- ounce package cream cheese softened
- Powdered sugar to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1- pint cartons fresh strawberries divided
- ¾ cup sugar
- Dash black pepper
- ⅓ cup water plus 1 tablespoon divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Whipped cream
- With a fork, poke holes in pie crust to release air that would otherwise bubble up and make a lumpy pie crust. Bake pie crust according to package directions; cool.
- With an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until soft. Spread in cooled crust; store in fridge until ready to add strawberries.
- In a saucepan, mash 1 ½ cups berries; add sugar, pepper, and ⅓ cup water. Bring to a boil. Add cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water to sauce; cook until thickened.
- Place remaining berries in pie crust; pour sauce over berries. Allow to chill 2 hours.
- Top with whipped cream and enjoy.
This Strawberry Pie is just one recipe from among Georgia Church Suppers, the ultimate church cookbook featuring favorite recipes from Baptist churches across the state of Georgia. In addition to the recipes, each church is featured with a full-color profile of the church letting you know what makes it special.
If you are traveling or moving to Georgia and would like to attend a church service, Georgia Church Suppers provides you with information to know about select churches throughout the state.
Recipes in Georgia Church Suppers
The chapters and some of the recipes in the corresponding chapters are:
- Appetizers – Buffalo Chicken Dip, Ham Ball, and Cheese Straws
- Soups & Salads – Easy Taco Soup, Brunswick Stew, Frito Corn Salad, and Miss Elizabeth’s Autumn Apple Salad
- Vegetables & Side Dishes – Squash Casserole, Carrot Souffle, and Broccoli and Rice Casserole
- Main Dishes – Easy Turkey Dressing, Chicken & Dumplings, Chicken Bog, and Meatballs Geneva
- Desserts & Other Sweets – Momma’s Sweet Potato Pie, Sizemore Pie, Cold Oven Pound Cake, and Cornflake Candy
Whether you are Baptist, Methodist, Episcopalian, etc. you’re bound to enjoy each of the delicious recipes that are church potluck worthy.