Skip the store-bought salad dressings and make your own to top this refreshing Strawberry Salad. It’s a meal that you can feel good about eating.
This healthy salad is bursting with fresh fruit and flavor. The homemade dressing is made mostly of strawberries making it light and refreshing.
How To Make Strawberry Salad
To make this delicious salad, start by gathering your ingredients. There’s nothing worse than dreaming of what you are going to eat and start making it – only to learn that you are missing a few key ingredients.
Rinse strawberries and blueberries and pat them dry. Cut a red onion into slices or small chunks – whichever you prefer. Peel and slice or chop one cucumber.
Prepare the salad dressing first. To make this strawberry dressing, simply place all of the ingredients, except poppy seeds, in the blender and blend until it has liquefied. Pour in a mason jar that has a lid and add the poppy seeds. Set aside.
Next, prepare your greens. If you are like me, that means opening the package and placing the greens on salad plates.
Divide the fruit, cucumber, pecans, and onion between the two salads. Top with goat cheese – skip this if you are a vegan or serving the salad to someone who is.
Place a lid on the mason jar and shake it well. Pour the salad dressing over the salad.
- 6 ounces spring mix lettuce
- 1 ½ - 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- ¼ cup red onion, sliced or chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- ⅓ cup goat cheese (more or less to taste)
- ½ cup pecans
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh)
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
To make the dressing, add all of the ingredients to a good quality blender and mix it until liquified.
To make the salad, place the spring mix into a large bowl and mix in the rest of the salad ingredients. Drizzle with dressing when you are ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 706Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 31gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 222mgCarbohydrates: 76gFiber: 14gSugar: 54gProtein: 15g
Nutrition information is an approximation.
Tips For Making Strawberry Salad
- Don’t add the dressing until you are ready to serve. Otherwise, the salad will get mushy or slimy.
- You can omit any of the ingredients that you don’t care for.
- Feel free to add in raspberries, bacon, or almonds to change it up.
- Store the dressing in the fridge for up to one week.
Hungry for more salads? Be sure to check out the following posts: