Start your day on a sweet note with these grab-and-go Cinnamon Sugar Muffins from the ‘Muffins’ cookbook. Crafted with simplicity in mind, these breakfast delights are quick, easy, and utterly delightful. The irresistible cinnamon sugar topping adds a burst of flavor that will have you reaching for seconds. Elevate your mornings with the magic of homemade muffins.
These breakfast muffins are perfect for a grab-and-go treat! Made with just a few simple ingredients, they’re quick and easy to make. The cinnamon sugar topping gives them a delicious flavor that will keep you coming back for more.
Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy breakfast option or a tasty snack, these breakfast muffins are sure to hit the spot! They’re made with ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry and fridge.
Why You’ll Love These Muffins
- This recipe only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish. That means you can have fresh, warm breakfast muffins in no time! These breakfast muffins are perfect to grab and go on busy mornings.
- No need for a plate or utensils, these breakfast muffins can be eaten with your hands.
- They’re made with simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen.
- The cinnamon sugar topping gives them a delicious flavor that will keep you coming back for more. (The taste might remind you of snickerdoodle cookies!)
This recipe for Breakfast Muffins comes from the cookbook, Muffins, by Cyndi Duncan and Georgie Patrick. Let’s take a quick look at how to make these delicious muffins.
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Add milk, egg, and ⅓ cup melted butter to the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
Fill muffin cups ½ full. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
While the muffins bake, mix sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla in a small bowl to make the topping.
Remove muffins from tin immediately, dip in remaining ⅓ cup melted butter, and roll in topping mixture.
Kitchen Notes and Tips
This muffin batter is pretty thick. I was able to “pinch” off a small amount and roll it before putting it in my muffin pan.
Using cupcake liners makes it easier to grab a muffin on the run.
If you don’t use muffin liners, carefully run a butter knife around the perimeter of the muffins to help them release from the pan.
FAQ – How should you store muffins?
If you plan on eating them within a few days, store muffins at room temperature covered with plastic wrap or in an airtight container. You can also individually wrap leftover muffins and place them in a ziptop freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
Breakfast Muffins Recipe
- 1 ½ cups plus 2 tablespoons flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg beaten
- ⅔ cup butter melted and divided
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Add milk, egg, and 1/3 cup melted butter. Mix thoroughly.
- Fill muffin cups ½ full. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- While muffins bake, mix sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla in a small bowl to make topping.
- Remove muffins from tin immediately, dip in remaining 1/3 cup melted butter, and roll in topping mixture.
Muffins, the Cookbook
If you like muffins, then you will like the cookbook Muffins, by Cyndi Duncan and Georgie Patrick. The no-fluff cookbook has a small section with helpful hints and the rest is devoted to our favorite hand-held treat – muffins.
The book is divided into four chapters: Fiber, Fruit, Vegetable, and Favorites. Among the pages are recipes for Banana Bran, Easy Bran, Blueberry Pinwheel, Apple-Raisin Oatmeal, Banana Streusel, Frosted Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, Jalapeno & Corn, Pound Cake, Double Fudge, and Spicy Chocolate.
Muffins are simple to make and the recipes in this book will give you muffins that are moist, tender, and full of flavor. With muffins this good, you may never want to eat anything else for breakfast again.
Look for Muffins at your local bookstore or find it at Amazon.com.
Be sure to come back and tell us how your muffins turned out!