This keto-friendly Cauliflower Soup is just like your favorite potato soup, but with a twist. It’s easier than ever to make in the Instant Pot and ready within minutes!
The flavors of this soup are just like those in a loaded potato soup, only without being high in carbs. There is cream, cheese, bacon, and chives – all that is missing is a spoon for you to dig in.
This soup is comfort food and satisfying any time of the year. It is not just for the cold winter months!
How To Make Cauliflower Soup
To get this cauliflower soup recipe started, you need the following ingredients:
- Cauliflower – You can use either store-bought prepared cauliflower florets or you can make your own from a head of cauliflower. One large head of cauliflower should be enough.
- Onion – Onions are always a welcome addition to any dish, but you’ll want them in this soup. They give it that extra something that takes it from good to great!
- Heavy cream – The heavy cream helps to make this soup rich and velvety.
- Cream cheese – Cream cheese isn’t just for bagels. In this recipe it adds to the heartiness of the dish.
- Minced garlic – You can mince fresh garlic or use bottled minced garlic.
- Salt and pepper – I recommend keeping the salt use to a minimum since broth is usually salty. Pepper is a welcome flavor addition. Remember – you can always add more, but you can’t take away what is already there.
- Chicken broth – You can use chicken broth or chicken stock. Broth will create a lighter colored soup while stock will add depth to the flavor.
- Butter – You can use salted or unsalted butter.
- Bacon – Cook a pack of bacon until it is crispy and drain on paper towels. Cut the bacon into small pieces or crumble.
- Green onions – You’ll want to use the green parts chopped into small pieces. Feel free to use the white onions, too, for an extra bite.
- Shredded Cheddar cheese – You can use either pre-shredded Cheddar cheese or go the extra mile and shred a block.
Place cauliflower, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and chicken broth in Instant Pot. Secure lid and pressure cook for 10 minutes.
Once pressure cooking has finished, do a quick release, remove the lid, and set the Instant Pot to saute.
Add cream cheese to soup in Instant Pot and bring to a boil.
Add heavy cream and butter. Stir ingredients until everything is well combined and melted.
Boil for 3 minutes and then turn off Instant Pot.
Spoon mixture into bowls and add toppings.
Hungry for more low-carb recipes? Check out these delicious keto-friendly dishes at Southern Kissed:
- Healthy Zucchini Tots
- Low Carb Sausage Balls
- Keto Chicken Curry
- Easy Keto Lasagna in a Skillet
- Low Carb Chicken Soup
- Instant Pot
- 1 head cauliflower chopped
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup butter (half a stick)
- 2 cups bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 cup green onions chopped
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Place cauliflower, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and chicken broth in Instant Pot. Secure lid and pressure cook for 10 minutes.
- Once pressure cooking has finished, do a quick release, remove the lid, and set the Instant Pot to saute.
- Add cream cheese to soup in Instant Pot and bring to a boil.
- Add heavy cream and butter. Stir ingredients until everything is well combined and melted.
- Boil for 3 minutes and then turn off Instant Pot.
- Spoon mixture into bowls and add toppings.
How many carbs are in the soup?
If you divide the soup base and toppings into 8 portions, then each portion has 10 grams of carbohydrates (carbs) and 2 grams of fiber. Net carbs for each serving is 8.
Can you freeze cauliflower soup?
Because this recipe contains heavy cream, freezing is not recommended.
Don’t care about carbs? You will still enjoy this tasty soup. A bonus for you is that you can eat this dish along with a piece of French bread.