These keto sausage balls make great appetizers or breakfast treats. With only 3.5 grams of net carbs, they are easy to fit into your daily macros on a ketogenic diet.
You can easily make these sausage balls from scratch, thanks to this recipe from 30 Minute Ketogenic Cooking: 50+ Mouthwatering Low-Carb Recipes to Save You Time and Money
How To Make Keto Sausage Balls
For this cheesy, meaty keto appetizer, you need the following ingredients:
- Italian sausage
- blanched almond flour
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- grated Parmesan cheese
- dried minced onions
- baking powder
To make them, you begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Set a wire cooling rack inside a rimmed baking sheet.
Place all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and, using your hands, mix until well incorporated.
Form the meat mixture into 1 ½ – 2-inch meatballs, making a total of 24.
Place the meatballs on the wire rack. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tablespoon dried minced onions
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Set a wire cooling rack inside a rimmed baking sheet.
- Place all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and, using your hands, mix until well incorporated.
- Form the meat mixture into 1 ½ – 2-inch meatballs, making a total of 24.
- Place the meatballs on the wire rack. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
The cookbook is another great keto cookbook by Kyndra Holley. (She’s the genius behind Peace, Love, and Low Carb.)
30 Minute Ketogenic Cooking contains 50+ low-carb recipes that will have you covered from breakfast to dessert. The compact size of the book makes it a great go-to for finding recipes that only take a short amount of time to make.
Cheesy Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole (8 servings, each only 4g net carbs)
In addition to recipes, 30 min covers time-saving kitchen tips and tricks that spans from organization and efficiency to meal prep and planning. Kyndra also highlights time-saving kitchen tools and appliance and gives tips on how to repurpose leftovers.
Strawberry Spinach Salad (4 servings, each serving 3.8g net carbs)
To make things even easier for those who live busy lives, Kyndra has created two weeks of meal plans and included shopping lists that go with them.
Just like this recipe for sausage balls, Kyndra’s 30 Minute Ketogenic Cooking cookbook is a winner in my book.