This Pork Egg Roll in a Bowl is a keto dish that the whole family will love, even those who aren’t on a diet! This satisfying one-dish meal is made with a touch of spicy Sriracha along with traditional egg roll seasonings and has less than 6 net carbs per serving.
This delicious recipe was created by Kyndra Holley, the blogger/mastermind at Peace, Love and Low Carb. Kyndra included this recipe for Pork Egg Roll in a Bowl in her book, Craveable Keto: Your Low-Carb, High-Fat Roadmap to Weight Loss and Wellness.
Pork Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 medium onion diced (about 1 ½ cups)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 5 green onions sliced on the bias (white and green portions separated)
- 1 pound ground pork
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha sauce or garlic chili sauce or more to taste
- 1 14- ounce bag coleslaw mix
- 3 Tablespoons coconut aminos or gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon unseasoned white rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, and white portions of the green onions to the skillet. Sauté until the green onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the ground pork, ginger, salt, pepper, and Sriracha sauce to the pan. Sauté until the pork is cooked through.
- Add the coleslaw mix, coconut aminos, and vinegar and sauté until the coleslaw is tender.
- Top with the green parts of the green onions and the sesame seeds before serving. Squirt some additional Sriracha over the top, if desired.
Pork Egg Roll in a Bowl is made without the wrapper and it’s not deep-fried, making it a feel-good meal that’s low carb. In fact, it fits perfectly into a ketogenic diet.
About Craveable Keto
Craveable Keto is not only a great cookbook, but it’s an excellent primer into the ketogenic world. Kyndra shares her painful past, not out of sympathy, but rather to encourage readers to let them know that there is hope for them, too.
Craveable Keto starts with Kyndra’s story and then moves on to her Top 12 Rules of the Weight-Loss Road. She then shares a break-up story, but not the kind you are probably thinking right now. It’s about breaking up with the scale. Moving on, she educates the reader in all things keto, including transitioning to a low-carb lifestyle and hidden sources of carbs (you might be surprised where some are found lurking).
When it comes to preparing for the keto lifestyle, she has the reader covered. Simple low-carb food swaps, stocking the kitchen, reducing waste, keto on a budget, tools and gadgets, techniques, meal plans, dining out, dining in, and navigating alcohol on a low-carb diet. And if you are unsure of what some cooking terms are, she has you covered with cooking terms defined.
Roasted Cauliflower Mock Potato Salad
Each recipe in the recipe section lists the total of net carbs at the top, making it easy to figure out if the dish fits into your daily carb budget. The recipes also include a dietary and allergen key, number of servings the recipe makes, prep and cook times, tips, and nutritional analysis.
The following are the recipe chapters along with a few samples of what you will see in each:
- Breakfast – Breakfast Pizza, Reuben Frittata, Lemon Ricotta Pancakes, Keto Everything Bagel, Vanilla Coffee Creamer
- Snacks & Starters – Parmesan Italian Breadsticks, Fried Mozzarella Sticks, Buffalo Chicken Flatbread, Baked Avocado Fries
- Soups & Salads – Mexican Chicken Soup, Egg Drop Soup, Creamy Lasagna Soup, Dill Chicken Salad, Asian Chicken Salad
- Main Dishes – Everything Bagel Dogs, Slow Cooker Spiced Pork Tenderloin, Philly Cheesesteak Casserole, “Just Like the Real Thing” Lasagna, Chicken Cordon Bleu Pizza
- Sides – Parmesan Roasted Broccoli, Fiesta Cauliflower Rice, Butter Roasted Radishes
- Sweet Treats – Salted Caramel Nut Brittle, Lemon Curd, Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies, Blueberry Mojito Ice Pops
- Dressings, Sauces, Seasonings & More – Ranch Dressing, Cajun Mayo, Pizza Sauce, Enchilada Sauce, Pizza Crust.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
If you are following a low-carb or keto diet/lifestyle, or are thinking about it, Craveable Keto: Your Low-Carb, High-Fat Roadmap to Weight Loss and Wellness is a resource that you will want to have on hand. Look for it at your local bookstore or at Amazon.com.
For more delicious recipes from Kyndra, visit Peace, Love and Low Carb.