These Keto Cheddar Bay Biscuits have the delicious taste of the famous Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits, but not the carbs. Serve them with your next seafood dish for a delicious low-carb option at home.
One thing that most people look forward to when dining at Red Lobster is their Cheddar Bay Biscuits. According to Darden.com, they were created as a savory biscuit to replace hush puppies. After being tested in Georgia at a few restaurants, the biscuits made their official debut in the early 1990’s. Their name is a nod to the restaurant’s seaside atmosphere and not after a real location. Today there will be approximately 1.1 million Cheddar Bay Biscuits baked fresh across the 700+ Red Lobster locations. (Each year, there are 395 biscuits served.)
If you are on a low-carb, gluten-free, or keto-diet, the original biscuit favorite is a no-no. What you need is this keto-friendly version which is made without carb-laden gluten.
How To Make Keto Cheddar Bay Biscuits
These biscuits are leavened with eggs and baking powder and are formed as drop biscuits.
First, mix the savory herbs well with the almond flour before adding the flour to the cheese-y mixture. Next, microwave mozzarella and cream cheese together for 30-seconds. This should be enough time for them to melt enough that they can be stirred together easily. If needed, you can microwave for an additional 10-seconds. Add the flour mixture and two-beaten eggs to the cheese mixture and mix well. Finally, add the cheddar cheese and blend well.
Before baking the biscuits, place the dough in the refrigerator for approximately 20 minutes. Drop the chilled dough by the spoonfuls into a skillet or baking dish and bake for 15 minutes.
Keto Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine almond flour, baking powder, garlic, parsley, and onion powder in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place cream cheese and mozzarella cheese in a large microwaveable bowl and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds. Stir well.
- Add the almond flour mixture and eggs to the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese and mix well.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese.
- Place a cover on the bowl and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat skillet or baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Place large spoonfuls of biscuit dough onto skillet/dish.
- Bake for 15 – 18 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
What seafood dish would you serve this with?