This Keto Chicken Curry is low-carb deliciousness in a bowl. This nourishing and delicious dish is ready in less than 45 minutes.
There are three things that I like to keep on hand at all times – Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Base (I buy the organic jars at Costco where I get the best deal), coconut milk, and petite diced tomatoes.
I adapted this dish slightly from Instant Pot Chicken Curry Soup (<- one of the best recipes on the internet, if I do say so myself). This version is great for those who don’t yet have an Instant Pot.
How to Make Keto Chicken Curry
Start by cutting dicing onions, measuring out spices, and preparing 2 cups of chicken broth (follow directions on Better Than Bouillon or use already prepared broth).
Next, cut chicken on the bias. At around 45 seconds this video shows you how:
Add chopped onion to the skillet and saute for a few minutes until it starts to become translucent. Next, you add garlic, ginger, and jalapeno and cook for another minute.
After that, it’s time to return the chicken back to the pan along with chicken broth, tomatoes, and seasonings. Give it a quick stir and then cover and cook for 5 minutes.
Though 6 cups of spinach look like a lot, once it starts cooking it greatly reduces in size. So, add about 2 cups of spinach to the pan and stir until it starts to cook down, then add 2 more cups. Repeat one more time. Stir in the coconut milk and let it all simmer for about 5 minutes.
- 1.5 pounds chicken breasts, thinly sliced on the bias
- 3 Tbsp ghee or butter
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp ginger minced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1 can coconut milk
- Melt ghee in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add onion to skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes until it starts to become translucent. Add garlic, ginger, and jalapeno and cook for another minute.
- Add chicken broth, chicken, tomatoes, and seasonings and stir well. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add spinach to the skillet, adding about 2 cups at a time until it starts to reduce in size.
- Stir in the coconut milk and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 663Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 28gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 179mgSodium: 1592mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 6gSugar: 5gProtein: 59g
Nutrition information is an approximation.
This dish is great served over cauliflower rice (or regular rice for non-dieters). It’s a complete meal in a bowl.