This delicious keto-friendly Skillet Lasagna is easy to make and your family will happily devour it. It’s a gluten-free and low-carb dish that is ready in under an hour.
This delicious recipe comes from Keto Comfort Foods: 100 Keto-Friendly Recipes For Your Comfort-Food Favorites by Sam Dillard of HeyKetoMama.com.
What is in Keto Skillet Lasagna?
The dish is made without any complicated ingredients and you should be able to find all of them at your local grocery store. Skillet Lasagna is made with ground beef, Italian sausage, an onion, spices and herbs, cheese, and marinara sauce. I recommend that you use grass-fed beef if at all possible.
This dish would be excellent served with a side salad to provide some veggies and still keep the sugar (think carbohydrates) content low.
- 1 pound 80/20 ground beef
- ½ pound Italian ground sausage
- ¼ cup chopped peeled white onion
- 1 ½ cups low-carb marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a 12” cast-iron skillet (or other oven-safe equivalent) over medium heat, brown ground beef and sausage over medium heat until no pink remains, about 15 minutes. Drain the excess fat and return to heat.
- Add onion to the pan and sauté with meat until onion begins to soften, about 3 minutes. Add marinara sauce, ½ teaspoon oregano, and ½ teaspoon garlic powder and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix ricotta, ½ cup mozzarella, 1/3 cup Parmesan, and the remaining oregano and garlic powder until combined.
- Turn off the heat and spread the meat around the pan to form an even layer. Place spoonfuls of the cheese mixture on top of the meat mixture, pushing them down with the spoon to the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle the top of the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan. Bake for 20 minutes until bubbling and the top begins to turn golden. Garnish with parsley. Serve warm.
Excerpted from Keto Comfort Foods: 100 Keto-Friendly Recipes For Your Comfort-Food Favorites by Faith Gorsky and Sam Dillard. Copyright © 2019 by Simon & Schuster, Inc. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 327 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 67mg Sodium: 939mg Carbohydrates: 11g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 20g
About Keto Comfort Foods
Keto Comfort Foods is a beautiful, full-color cookbook devoted to keto-friendly recipes. Sam begins the book by explaining what a keto diet is and then tells readers how to stay in ketosis. She shares low-carb swaps and helpful tips for starting a keto diet.
Inside the Book
The recipes are divided into seven chapters (listed below). I am listing a few of the delicious recipes in each chapter to give you a “taste” of what you will find in the book.
- Keto Casseroles: Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole, Breakfast Casserole, Layered Taco Casserole
- Keto Soups, Stews, and Chilis: Cincinnati-Style Chili, Cajun Jambalaya, Chicken and Dumpling Soup
- Keto Pizzas: Crustless Supreme Pizza, Chicken Crust Taco Pizza, Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
- Keto “Rice” and “Pastas”: Cheeseburger Helper, Pasta Primavera, Shrimp Scampi with Zoodles
- Keto Classic Comfort Dishes: Biscuits and Gravy, Stroganoff, Country Fried Steak
- Keto Comfort Foods: Mashed Cauliflower and Gravy, Sausage “Corn” Bread Stuffing, Cheddar Bacon Biscuits
- Keto Baked Goods and Sweets: Easy Fudge, Banana Bread, Triple-Layer Chocolate Cake
Isn’t it amazing that you can enjoy those comfort foods and still stay on your low-carb and keto diet?
Look for Keto Comfort Foods at your local bookstore or feel free to use my affiliate link below to get it at Amazon.com.