This Chicken and Potatoes Casserole is a satisfying simple meal made with cheese, chicken, and chiles mixed with Simply Potatoes Southwest Style Hash Browns.
This chicken casserole is super easy to throw together and your family will love it. The dish is a satisfying blend of cheesy chicken and chiles mixed with Simply Potatoes Southwest Style Hash Browns.
How To Make Chicken and Potatoes Casserole
For this comforting casserole, you need the following ingredients:
- Simply Potatoes Southwest Style Hash Browns
- chicken fajita strips
- chopped chiles
- cream of chicken soup
- sour cream
- Pepper Jack cheese
- tortilla strips
To make this Chicken and Potatoes Casserole, get a large bowl and place 16 ounces of pre-cooked fajita chicken meat that has been cubed in the bottom. (To keep meal preparation simple, just pick up a package of the pre-cooked, seasoned meat at the store.)
Add a package of Simply Potatoes Southwest Style Hash Browns, 12 ounces of cream of chicken soup, a cup of sour cream, and a can of diced chiles that has been drained. Stir well and spoon into your favorite casserole dish.
Bake for 40 minutes and then top with some crushed tortilla strips. (I buy a bag of strips in the salad section at the store and just break them up in the bag before opening.) Bake for another 10 minutes and voilà – dinner is ready.
Chicken and Potato Casserole
- 20 ounces Simply Potatoes Southwest Style Hash Browns
- 16 ounces pre-cooked chicken fajita strips cut into cubes
- 1 ounce can chopped chiles drained
- 12 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups Pepper Jack cheese shredded
- 3.5 ounce package tortilla strips crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine chicken, potatoes, chiles, soup, sour cream, and cheese in a large mixing bowl and stir until well blended.
- Spoon mixture into a casserole dish that has been lightly coated with non-stick spray.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Carefully remove from oven and top with crushed tortilla chips. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool 5-10 minutes before serving.