A couple of great things about the holiday season are sugar cookies and peppermint. Have you ever combined the two? It is pretty simple when you combine a box of Krusteaz Sugar Cookie mix plus a bag of Andes Peppermint Crunch baking chips.
Simply follow Krusteaz’s directions for making the sugar cookies. You don’t even have to get your stand mixer dirty. A bowl, mixing spoon, and a little old-fashioned stirring will do the trick.
Add one bag of peppermint baking chips.
Now these are good as-is….
But doesn’t a little sugar on top make everything better?
Word of caution: the peppermint aroma is a little strong when you open the oven after baking these. (It’s great for the sinuses!)
- 1 box Krusteaz Sugar Cookie Mix, + ingredients as directed on box
- 1 bag Andes Peppermint Crunch baking chips
- Coarse sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cookies according to package direction.
- Add bag of baking chips and mix well.
- Place scoops of cookie dough on baking sheet. Sprinkle with coarse sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 14 minutes or until done.
- Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet and then remove from pan.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 290