Skip the traditional Christmas cookies this year and try these Peppermint Sugar Cookies. This recipe is super easy to make, delicious, and your kids will love them!
Save some for Christmas morning when Santa comes down the chimney – he’ll enjoy these just as much as everyone else will!
A couple of great things about the holiday season are sugar cookies and peppermint. Have you ever combined the two? It is pretty simple when you combine a box of Sugar Cookie mix plus a bag of Andes Peppermint Crunch baking chips.
Simply follow the package directions for making the sugar cookies. You don’t even have to get your stand mixer dirty. A bowl, mixing spoon, and a little old-fashioned stirring will do the trick.
Add one bag of peppermint baking chips.
Now these are good as-is….
But doesn’t a little sugar on top make everything better?
Word of caution: the peppermint aroma is a little strong when you open the oven after baking these. (It’s great for the sinuses!)
Easy Peppermint Sugar Cookies
- 1 box or pouch of sugar cookie mix + ingredients as directed
- 1 bag Andes Peppermint Crunch baking chips
- Coarse sugar optional
- Preheat oven to temperature directed on package.
- Prepare cookies according to package directions.
- Add bag of baking chips and mix well.
- Place scoops of cookie dough on baking sheet. Sprinkle with coarse sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 14 minutes or until done.
- Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet and then remove from pan.
Do you like a little extra sugar on top?