This Homemade Coffee Liqueur is low-carb and keto-friendly and will help you make the best iced and hot coffee adult beverages while still being able to stay within your macros.
This Kahlua-like recipe is made using keto-friendly erythritol which adds absolutely zero carbs to the mix. Each 2-ounce serving has only 54 calories. Combine that with some hot coffee on a cold day and you have a delicious adult pick-me-up that’s diet-friendly.
The recipe for this homemade coffee liqueur comes from Keto Happy Hour: 50+ Low-Carb Craft Cocktails to Quench Your Thirst by Kyndra Holley, the keto genius behind Peace, Love and Low Carb. In it, she answers all of your questions about keto and alcohol.
THE Book on Keto and Alchohol
Along Kyndra’s weight loss journey, she discovered that she didn’t have to give up her social life to achieve her weight-loss goals. Combining her keto knowledge with her bartending history, she has masterfully crafted 50+ low-carb craft cocktails and compiled them into her book.
Lady in Red
In addition to the recipes, the Keto Happy Hour includes everything you need to know to make homemade keto-friendly cocktails. In the book, you will find:
- The Complete Guide to Carbs in Alcohol,
- Bartending Lingo,
- Basic Mixology Techniques,
- Cocktail Measurements,
- Stocking Your Low-Carb Home Bar,
- Fruit-and-Herb Pairings,
- Kyndra’s Top Ten Tips for Hosting the Perfect Cocktail Party,
- Low-Carb Party Planning, and
- Hangover Hacks. (But you’re going to drink responsibly and won’t need that, right?!)
The recipes are well-organized into chapters revolving around the main type of alcohol in the drink. The chapters include Mixers and Other Fun Stuff; drink chapters for vodka, rum, gin, tequila, whiskey, and wine; Mixin’ It Up, and Hot Drinks and Cordials.
And if that wasn’t enough, there is a chapter with low-carb foods – Eats and Treats. It includes recipes for Bacon and Blue Cheese Deviled Eggs, Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers, Keto Soft Pretzels, Pizza Bagels, and more!
Now, on to the recipe…
How To Make Homemade Coffee Liqueur
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup powdered erythritol
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons instant espresso granules
- 1 cup vodka
- 2 Tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Mix in the erythritol and espresso. Reduce the heat to low and whisk until the erythritol and espresso granules dissolve. Remove the pan from the heat and let stand until cool, about 1 hour.
- Mix the vodka and vanilla extract into the cooled espresso mixture.
- Transfer the liqueur to a large jar. Seal and store away from light, for 4 to 6 weeks before drinking.
- Store in the pantry for up to 6 months. Shake before using.
Recipe excerpted from Keto Happy Hour by Kyndra D. Holley, copyright 2018, and reprinted with permission.
Serving Size:2 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 56Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 12mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Many thanks go to Kyndra for allowing me to share this recipe of hers with you. For more delicious low-carb recipes, be sure to head over to Kyndra’s site at PeaceLoveandLowCarb.com. Look for Keto Happy Hour at your local bookstore or use the link below to buy it at Amazon.com.