This Easy Apple Dumplings recipe comes together quickly and is a delicious apple dessert that your family will love. What makes them so easy to make is that the dumplings are made using a can of crescent rolls.
The recipe comes from Mississippi Church Suppers, a recipe collection by Great American Publishers. The cookbook has chapters devoted to appetizers, soups & salads, vegetables & side dishes, main dishes, and desserts & sweets – all of which would be great to take to a church potluck.
- 2 apples, Golden Delicious or Granny Smith, peeled and cored
- 1 8-count cans crescent rolls
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups 7-Up, or other lemon soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Cut each apple into 8 slices. Roll each slice in 1 crescent roll and place in a buttered dish.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; stir in sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Cook until thickened, remove from heat and pour over dumplings. Pour soda in middle and along edges of a pan (not over rolls).
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Recipe excerpted from Mississippi Church Suppers, copyright 2015, and reprinted with permission.
Serving Size:1 dumpling
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200Saturated Fat: 1gSodium: 157mgCarbohydrates: 41gSugar: 34g
Mississippi Church Suppers is more than just a cookbook. The first few pages are dedicated to sharing God’s Plan of Salvation and then information about why one should attend church. The preface of the book welcomes readers to the book to which they lovingly refer to as “The Ulitmate Church Cookbook.” The recipes come from Mississippi Baptist Churches and information about the churches is included throughout the book.
Not only would the recipes be great for taking to a church potluck as stated above, but they would be great for serving to your family and friends as well. Below is a sampling of the recipes that are included in the book:
- Chicken Rotel Dip,
- Redneck Hors-d’oeuvres,
- Cheese Straws,
- Taco Soup,
- Seafood Gumbo,
- Cornbread Salad,
- Poppyseed Chicken,
- Fresh Apple Cake, and
- Chocolate Pound Cake
Look for Mississippi Church Suppers at your local retailer or buy it online at Amazon.com.