Baked Spinach Dip – A creamy mixture of artichokes, baby spinach, mozzarella cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and hot sauce makes for an amazing cheesy spinach dip that goes perfectly with either tortilla chips or bread chunks. It’s perfect for serving at dinner parties or any time you want the full restaurant experience at home.
If you go to a party and there is no spinach dip, did you really go to a party? It’s a quintessential staple for all parties that are worth going to. KWIM?
This recipe is really easy to make and can be served with tortilla chips or chunks of bread – or both if you are an overachiever. Nobody is judging. They just want to dig into that creamy, spinach delight.
❤️ Why You Will Like This Recipe
- It’s easy to make and tastes great!
- It can be baked in the oven or cooked in a Crock Pot.
You should be able to find most of the ingredients to make this party dip at your local grocery store. Look for the artichoke hearts in the vegetable aisle. (I have found that a 14 ounce can of pre-chopped artichoke hearts works well in this recipe.)
When it comes to using fresh spinach, you will need to buy a LARGE container. Though it may seem like a lot, once it is cooked down it will be a fraction of the volume.
- 10 ounce container baby spinach + 2 tablespoons water
- 15 ounces artichoke hearts, drained & chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- Few dashes of hot sauce (I used Louisiana Hot Sauce)
- Tortilla chips and crusty bread, for serving
👩🏻🍳 How To Make Spinach Dip
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Lightly spray an 8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the spinach in a saute pan and add 2 tablespoons of water.
- Set the pan over medium heat and cook until the spinach is wilted (about 3 – 5 minutes).
4. Drain and then wrap the spinach in a clean kitchen towel or a couple layers of paper towels and squeeze to extract excess water. (Be careful! The spinach will be hot.)
5. Chop the spinach and continue on to the next step.
6. Combine the wilted spinach, artichoke hearts, parmesan cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, mozzarella cheese, minced garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, and hot sauce into a large bowl until well combined. (The bigger the bowl the better.)
7. Pour the spinach mixture into an 8×8” baking dish.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and the top has turned golden brown.
9. Serve artichoke spinach dip with tortilla chips and crusty bread.
- If you like crunchy foods, then feel free to add a can of chopped water chestnuts to the dip before baking.
- To cut back on calories, use low-fat sour cream, light cream cheese, and fat-free mozzarella. You can shave 376 calories from the entire dish by using these lower-calorie items.
No problem! Thaw the spinach and once it has thawed, wrap it in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze to extract most of the liquid. Continue on to step 6.
Follow the directions up to mixing all of the ingredients together. Spray your Crock Pot with nonstick cooking spray. Place the dip mixture in your slow cooker and cook on low for 2 hours.
Need more appetizer recipes? Check out these other delicious recipes at Southern Kissed:
📌 Tips and Notes
- This can be made up to 1 day in advance and kept in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Once you are ready to bake, bring the dip to room temperature before baking in the oven.
- Make sure all ingredients are room temperature so they can easily mix together.
- Astand mixer makes mixing the ingredients together easier
- A boule makes a great bread bowl perfect for serving spinach dip. Slice the top off of the boule, remove the insides, and place the baked spinach dip inside. You can serve the chunks of bread with the dip.
Baked Spinach Dip
- saute pan
- 9-inch skillet or 8-inch baking dish
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons water
- 15 ounces artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- dash hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Spray 8-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Saute spinach in 2 tablespoons of water in a saute pan over medium heat until the spinach wilts, about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Drain the water and then wrap it in a clean paper towel and to squeeze out any remaining excess liquid.
- Chop the spinach and place it in a large bowl.
- Add chopped artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, mozzarella cheese, minced garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, and hot sauce to the spinach and mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared dish and bake for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve dip with tortilla chips and/or crusty bread.
Don’t Forget To Come Back And Let Us Know How Your Spinach Dip Turned Out!