Indulge in the simplicity of our 2-Ingredient Condensed Milk Fudge, a foolproof recipe that captures the rich, decadent essence of traditional stovetop fudge without the hassle. This quick and easy dessert is perfect for the holiday season or any time of year, offering a creamy texture and versatility that allows you to customize it to your liking. It makes a great gift for friends, family, or anyone with a sweet tooth.
Indulging in this 2-ingredient Chocolate Fudge recipe is a sweet escape for anyone who adores hassle-free, homemade treats. Say goodbye to the complexity of candy-making. You don’t need a candy thermometer or double boiler to make this easy chocolate fudge recipe. Oh, no. This recipe is designed for the laid-back cook in you.
With just two basic ingredients – sweetened condensed milk and semi-sweet chocolate chips, it’s not only easy but also a quick fix for those sudden sweet cravings. The hardest part will be waiting for it to cool and firm up.
Let me show you how to make it. Aight?
- 1 14-Ounce Can of Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 12-Ounce Bag of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 8×8 Baking Pan
- Parchment Paper
Line an 8×8 square pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Set the pan aside.
Combine the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a large bowl that is microwave-safe.
Microwave for 1 minute and stir. Cook in additional 30-second increments until the chocolate chips turn smooth when stirred.
Pour the fudge mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly, tapping the pan on the counter to smooth the mixture.
Place in the refrigerator for 4 hours or until set.
Using a sharp knife, slice the fudge into 1-inch pieces and enjoy!
Absolutely! Experiment with different chocolate chip flavors for unique variations.
Certainly! Enhance the taste with a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Do not use evaporated milk. Using sweetened condensed milk instead of evaporated milk in fudge recipes is crucial for achieving the right consistency and sweetness. Sweetened condensed milk contains sugar, giving the fudge its desired sweetness, while evaporated milk is unsweetened. The sugar in sweetened condensed milk also contributes to the fudge’s texture, helping it set properly during the cooling process.
Tapping the pan. After pouring the fudge mixture into the prepared pan, gently lift the pan about an inch off the counter and allow it to drop back down. You can do this by holding the pan’s handles and giving it a light tap against the counter. If you’d like to minimize the sound and provide a buffer, place a towel on the counter beneath the pan before tapping. This helps settle the fudge evenly, removing any air bubbles and creating a smooth surface.
How to Store
Keep the fudge in an airtight container in the fridge or a cool, dry location for optimal freshness.
Explore different chocolate chip flavors to make different flavored fudge. I prefer the taste of semi-sweet chocolate but feel free to use milk chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, mint chocolate chips, or dark chocolate chips.
While this creamy fudge is great plain, you can customize it with a variety of add-ins to create a personalized treat. Here are some tasty additions for your fudge base:
- Chopped Nuts: Add texture and nutty goodness with chopped walnuts, pecans, almonds, or hazelnuts. They complement the smooth fudge with a satisfying crunch.
- Dried Fruits: Introduce a chewy element by folding in chopped dried fruits like cherries, apricots, or cranberries. Their natural sweetness enhances the overall flavor.
- Espresso Powder: Elevate the chocolate flavor by incorporating espresso powder. This addition lends a rich, coffee-infused depth to your fudge.
- Sea Salt: Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt on top for a sweet and salty contrast. The saltiness enhances the overall taste, making each bite more dynamic.
- Flavor Extracts: Experiment with flavor extracts such as peppermint, almond, or orange to infuse unique and aromatic notes into your fudge.
- Mini Marshmallows: For classic rocky road fudge, fold in mini marshmallows. They bring a gooey and pillowy element to the fudge.
- Crushed Cookies or Biscuits: Add a playful crunch by mixing in crushed cookies or biscuits. Think chocolate sandwich cookies, graham crackers, or even shortbread.
- Toasted Coconut: Elevate the tropical vibes by incorporating toasted coconut. It adds a delightful chewiness and a hint of coconut flavor.
Feel free to get creative and combine several add-ins to make your fudge truly one-of-a-kind. Just add a little at a time. You can always add more, but if you add too much, it may affect the fudge’s texture and consistency. Start with a modest amount of your chosen add-ins, whether it’s nuts, dried fruits, or flavor extracts. It’s crucial to add flavor extracts gradually, as they can significantly impact the fudge’s taste. Start with a small amount, tasting the mixture before deciding to incorporate more. This cautious approach allows you to fine-tune the flavors without overwhelming the fudge.
Elevate your dessert game with this simple yet delicious recipe, perfect for last-minute sweet cravings or as a great edible gift during any festive occasion. Whether you’re a fudge aficionado or a beginner in the world of homemade sweets, this easy fudge recipe is the only thing you need to create a delightful treat that everyone will love.
2-Ingredient Condensed Milk Fudge
- 8×8 Baking Pan
- Parchment paper
- 14 Ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 12 Ounces Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Combine the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a large bowl that is microwave-safe.
- Microwave for 1 minute and stir. Cook in additional 30-second increments until the chocolate chips turn smooth when stirred.
- Pour the fudge mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly, tapping the pan on the counter to smooth the mixture.
- Place in the refrigerator for 4 hours or until set.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the fudge into 1-inch pieces and enjoy!
Please come back and tell us how your fudge turned out.