Discover the joy of simplicity with our 2-Ingredient Vanilla Fudge recipe. Easy to make, this creamy delight is a blank canvas for your creativity. Explore variations, add-ins, and tips to customize your perfect batch. Perfect for holidays or sweet gifts!
Making fudge doesn’t have to be complicated. With two basic items, you can easily whip up a batch of creamy vanilla fudge without being a confectioner or having to use a candy thermometer.
This basic vanilla fudge is a cinch to make. With a can of sweetened condensed milk and some white baking chips, you can make a batch of this classic treat. You can even get creative and put your own twist on it by adding nuts, dried fruit, and flavored extracts. We have some ideas for those down below.
Let’s take a look at how to make this easy vanilla fudge recipe.
- 14-ounces of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 12-ounces White Baking Chips
Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
Place baking chips in a medium mixing bowl and microwave on high for a minute, then stir.
Add the sweetened condensed milk to the bowl with the chips and microwave for another minute or until the baking chips become smooth when stirred. Stir well to combine all ingredients.
Pour the fudge mixture into the prepared pan and spread even, tapping the pan on the counter to flatten.
Place the fudge in the refrigerator for 4 hours or until the fudge sets.
Using a sharp knife, slice the fudge into 1-inch pieces and enjoy!
Keep your fudge fresh by storing it in a sealed container. It can be refrigerated for up to 1 week or frozen for up to 3 months
Tip for Success
Microwave Caution: Avoid overcooking the chocolate chips to prevent a clumpy texture. Check and stir every 30 seconds to ensure a smooth consistency.
- Nutty Delight: Add a crunchy twist by incorporating chopped nuts into the fudge mixture. Walnuts, almonds, or pecans complement the creamy texture and add a delightful contrast. Toasted nuts add an additional layer of yum!
- Fruity Bliss: Elevate your fudge with the addition of dried fruits. Diced dried cherries, apricots, or cranberries can bring a burst of sweetness and chewy goodness.
- Flavor Infusions: Experiment with different extracts to infuse unique flavors. Try almond extract for a subtle nuttiness, mint extract for a refreshing touch, or orange extract for a citrusy zing.
- Cookie Crunch: Crushed cookies can introduce interesting textures. Mix in crushed chocolate cookies for a cookies-and-cream vibe or graham crackers for a s’mores-inspired twist.
- Seasonal Spices: Embrace the seasons by adding a pinch of seasonal spices. Cinnamon, nutmeg, or pumpkin spice can infuse warmth and a hint of holiday magic.
- Sprinkle Spectacle: Top your fudge with colorful sprinkles for a festive touch. Coordinate with holiday themes or choose a mix of your favorite colors for a playful presentation.
- Salted Sensation: Enhance the sweet and savory contrast by sprinkling a pinch of sea salt on top. The saltiness can elevate the overall flavor profile and add a gourmet touch.
Tips for Adding Ingredients
- Mix in Gradually – When adding extras like nuts or fruits, fold them into the fudge mixture gradually to ensure an even distribution.
- Prep Ingredients in Advance – Chop nuts or prepare any additional ingredients before starting the fudge-making process for a smoother workflow..
- Experiment in Small Batches – If trying a new flavor or ingredient, consider making a smaller test batch first to see how it complements the base fudge.
Get creative and have fun experimenting with different flavors and textures to make your 2-Ingredient Vanilla Fudge uniquely yours!
Insufficient chocolate chips may be the culprit. Ensure proper measurements for the perfect consistency.
- 14 Ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 12 Ounces Semi-Sweet White Chocolate Chip
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place baking chips in a medium mixing bowl and microwave on high for a minute, then stir.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk to the bowl with the chips and microwave for another minute or until the baking chips become smooth when stirred. Stir well to combine all ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread even, tapping the pan on the counter to flatten.
- Place in the refrigerator for 4 hours or until set.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the fudge into 1-inch pieces and enjoy!
Be sure to come back and tell us how your fudge turned out! Did you add any nuts or fruit?