Put that package of store-bought cookies down and whip up a batch of these classic Chunky Peanut Butter Cookies instead. Pour a glass of your favorite milk beverage and enjoy a cookie or two.
These cookies are loaded with peanut goodness times two – they have both peanut butter and peanuts. They’re a sweet treat that omnivores and vegetarians can both agree upon.
How To Make Chunky Peanut Butter Cookies
These cookies are made in three steps: 1) Prepare the dough, 2) chill the dough, and 3) bake.
To make them, you begin by creaming the butter, peanut butter, and sugars together.
To that mixture, add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture (wet ingredients). Fold in the peanuts to the cookie dough.
Chill the cookie dough for one hour. Once the dough is chilled, preheat your oven to 375 degrees. While the oven is preheating, form the dough into equal-size balls and place on a cookie sheet, leaving about 2 inches between each ball.
Flatten the dough balls with the back of a fork. You can get fancy and do it in a criss-cross fashion. Bake the cookies for 10 – 12 minutes until they are golden brown and cooked thoroughly.
- 1 cup butter
- 1½ cups chunky peanut butter
- 1½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup peanuts
- Cream the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, and mix to combine.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and peanuts. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Transfer dough to the refrigerator and chill for one hour.
- Once chilled, divide the dough into equal-sized balls and arrange on baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between each ball. Press the dough down with a fork in a crisscross fashion to flatten.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place the baking sheets into the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown on top and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies sit for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool before serving. Enjoy!
Serving Size:2 cookies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 417Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 363mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 3gSugar: 23gProtein: 10g
Nutrition information is an approximation.
Love Peanut Butter? Here are some more delicious peanutty-recipes you will enjoy:
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Brownies
- Easy Peanut Butter Pie
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Ice Cream