Making Classic Hot Wings has never been easier, thanks to the use of an air fryer. There is less fat and less mess and a whole lot of good eats.
If you have stayed away from cooking wings at home because it seems like too much trouble, then this recipe is definitely for you.
I get it. Who wants to fill up a pan full of oil, worry about getting the right temperature, then frying a bunch of chicken wings? Nobody. That’s who.
This easy recipe for Classic Hot Wings from The “I Love My Air Fryer” Gluten-Free Recipe Book: From Lemon Blueberry Muffins to Mediterranean Short Ribs, 175 Easy and Delicious Gluten-Free Recipes (“I Love My” Series)by Michelle Fagone is a game-changer. Which, coincidently, makes cooking wings for the big game a winner.
There are basically two steps: 1. Fry the wings. 2. Toss the wings in sauce. Simple enough, right? Don’t take my word for it – try them yourself with the recipe below.
Classic Hot Wings In an Air Fryer
If you use your air fryer for only one food, make it chicken wings! The convection heat cooks that chicken skin on all sides, making each bite equally crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 2 pounds chicken wings split at the joint
- 1 Tablespoon butter room temperature
- ½ cup buffalo wing sauce
Preheat air fryer at 250 degrees for 3 minutes.
Place water in bottom of air fryer to ensure minimum smoke from fat drippings.
Place half of chicken wings in air fryer basked lightly greased with preferred cooking oil. Flipwings, then cook an additional 6 minutes.
While wings are cooking, combine butter and wing sauce in a
Increase temperature on air fryer to 400 degrees. Flip wings and cook 5 minutes. Flip once more and cook an additional 5 minutes.
Once done, transfer to bowl with sauce and toss. Set aside.
Repeat process with remaining wings. Serve warm.
Excerpted from The “I Love My Air Fryer”Gluten-Free Recipe Book by Michelle Fagone. Copyright © 2019 by Simon& Schuster, Inc. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.
In case you are wondering, there are recipes in the book for every occasion, ranging from breakfast to dessert – all of them are gluten-free. To give you an idea, here are some of the recipes in the book:
- Breakfast: Chocolate Hazelnut Granola, Loaded Breakfast Quesadillas, Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- Appetizers: Reuben Deviled Eggs, Pizza Bombs, Trail Mix Chex Snack
- Side Dishes: Rainbow Carrots, Zucchini Fritters, Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Chicken: Korean BBQ Chicken Legs, Breaded Jalapeno Popper Chicken Meatballs, Chicken Satay Kebabs with Peanut Sauce
- Beef & Pork: Crispy Orange Pork over Rice, Bahn Mi Pork Cabbage Salad, Fried SPAM Cuban Hangover Sandwiches
- Fish & Seafood: Fried Shrimp with Cocktail Sauce, Fish Sticks, Crab Cakes Benedict
- Vegetarian Dishes: Veggie Burgers, Two-Ingredient Barbeque Pulled Jackfruit, Santa Fe Rice Bowls
- Desserts: Pecan Pie Bread Pudding, Pumpkin Crunch Cake, Strawberry Cupcakes
Look for The “I Love My Air Fryer” Gluten-Free Recipe Book: From Lemon Blueberry Muffins to Mediterranean Short Ribs, 175 Easy and Delicious Gluten-Free Recipes (“I Love My” Series) at your favorite bookstore or at Amazon.com.
What would do you like to eat with Classic Hot Wings?
Hungry for more appetizers? Be sure to check out these other delicious recipes on SouthernKissed.com:
- Hot Caprese Dip – This hot dip is made with tomatoes, cheese, and basil and is great on top of crusty bread.
- Keto Pizza Fat Bombs – All the great taste of pizza without the guilt of carbs – these cream cheese fat bombs will satisfy your craving for pizza.
- Vegan Queso – This recipe is perfect for those on a “kind” diet. It’s dairy-free and great with chips or veggies.