This air fryer wings recipe will change the way you make classic hot wings. Using an air fryer helps ensure that your chicken wings are nice and crispy on the outside while remaining juicy and full of flavor on the inside. Best of all, this method is much easier and less messy than deep frying.
If you have stayed away from cooking wings at home because it seems like too much trouble, then this recipe is definitely for you.
I get it. Who wants to fill up a pan full of oil, worry about getting the right temperature, then frying a bunch of chicken wings? Nobody. That’s who.
This easy recipe for Classic Hot Wings from The “I Love My Air Fryer” Gluten-Free Recipe Book: From Lemon Blueberry Muffins to Mediterranean Short Ribs, 175 Easy and Delicious Gluten-Free Recipes (“I Love My” Series)by Michelle Fagone is a game-changer. Which, coincidently, makes cooking wings for the big game a winner.
There are basically two steps: 1. Fry the wings. 2. Toss the wings in sauce. Simple enough, right? Don’t take my word for it – try them yourself with the recipe below.
Classic Hot Wings In an Air Fryer
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 2 pounds chicken wings split at the joint
- 1 Tablespoon butter room temperature
- ½ cup buffalo wing sauce
- Preheat air fryer at 250 degrees for 3 minutes.
- Place water in bottom of air fryer to ensure minimum smoke from fat drippings.
- Place half of chicken wings in air fryer basked lightly greased with preferred cooking oil. Flipwings, then cook an additional 6 minutes.
- While wings are cooking, combine butter and wing sauce in a
- Increase temperature on air fryer to 400 degrees. Flip wings and cook 5 minutes. Flip once more and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Once done, transfer to bowl with sauce and toss. Set aside.
- Repeat process with remaining wings. Serve warm.
Before getting this cookbook, I had been a little leery of using my air fryer. I really had no clue of what to do. But after thumbing through the pages and seeing mouthwatering pictures and reading the recipes, I am ready to dig in. Especially since I see how easy it is after having made these Classic Hot Wings a time or three.
In case you are wondering, there are recipes in the book for every occasion, ranging from breakfast to dessert – all of them are gluten-free. To give you an idea, here are some of the recipes in the book:
- Breakfast: Chocolate Hazelnut Granola, Loaded Breakfast Quesadillas, Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- Appetizers: Reuben Deviled Eggs, Pizza Bombs, Trail Mix Chex Snack
- Side Dishes: Rainbow Carrots, Zucchini Fritters, Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Chicken: Korean BBQ Chicken Legs, Breaded Jalapeno Popper Chicken Meatballs, Chicken Satay Kebabs with Peanut Sauce
- Beef & Pork: Crispy Orange Pork over Rice, Bahn Mi Pork Cabbage Salad, Fried SPAM Cuban Hangover Sandwiches
- Fish & Seafood: Fried Shrimp with Cocktail Sauce, Fish Sticks, Crab Cakes Benedict
- Vegetarian Dishes: Veggie Burgers, Two-Ingredient Barbeque Pulled Jackfruit, Santa Fe Rice Bowls
- Desserts: Pecan Pie Bread Pudding, Pumpkin Crunch Cake, Strawberry Cupcakes
Look for The “I Love My Air Fryer” Gluten-Free Recipe Book: From Lemon Blueberry Muffins to Mediterranean Short Ribs, 175 Easy and Delicious Gluten-Free Recipes (“I Love My” Series) at your favorite bookstore or at Amazon.com.
What would do you like to eat with Classic Hot Wings?
Hungry for more appetizers? Be sure to check out these other delicious recipes on SouthernKissed.com:
- Hot Caprese Dip Recipe – This hot dip is made with tomatoes, cheese, and basil and is great on top of crusty bread.
- Keto Pizza Fat Bombs – All the great taste of pizza without the guilt of carbs – these cream cheese fat bombs will satisfy your craving for pizza.
- Vegan Queso – This recipe is perfect for those on a plant-based diet. It’s dairy-free and great with chips or veggies.