Making Classic Hot Wings has never been easier, thanks to the use of an air fryer. There is less fat and less mess and a whole lot of good eats.
If you have stayed away from cooking wings at home because it seems like too much trouble, then this recipe is definitely for you.
I get it. Who wants to fill up a pan full of oil, worry about getting the right temperature, then frying a bunch of chicken wings? Nobody. That’s who.
This easy recipe for Classic Hot Wings from The “I Love My Air Fryer” Gluten-Free Recipe Book: From Lemon Blueberry Muffins to Mediterranean Short Ribs, 175 Easy and Delicious Gluten-Free Recipes (“I Love My” Series)by Michelle Fagone is a game-changer. Which, coincidently, makes cooking wings for the big game a winner.
There are basically two steps: 1. Fry the wings. 2. Toss the wings in sauce. Simple enough, right? Don’t take my word for it – try them yourself with the recipe below.
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 2 pounds chicken wings, split at the joint
- 1 Tablespoon butter, room temperature
- ½ cup buffalo wing sauce
- Preheat air fryer at 250 degrees for 3 minutes.
- Place water in bottom of air fryer to ensure minimum smoke from fat drippings.
- Place half of chicken wings in air fryer basked lightly greased with preferred cooking oil. Flipwings, then cook an additional 6 minutes.
- While wings are cooking, combine butter and wing sauce in a
- Increase temperature on air fryer to 400 degrees. Flip wings and cook 5 minutes. Flip once more and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Once done, transfer to bowl with sauce and toss. Set aside.
- Repeat process with remaining wings. Serve warm.
Excerpted from The “I Love My Air Fryer”Gluten-Free Recipe Book by Michelle Fagone. Copyright © 2019 by Simon& Schuster, Inc. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 514 Total Fat: 39g Saturated Fat: 14g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 21g Cholesterol: 129mg Sodium: 1112mg Carbohydrates: 15g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 26g
In case you are wondering, there are recipes in the book for every occasion, ranging from breakfast to dessert – all of them are gluten-free. To give you an idea, here are some of the recipes in the book:
- Breakfast: Chocolate Hazelnut Granola, Loaded Breakfast Quesadillas, Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- Appetizers: Reuben Deviled Eggs, Pizza Bombs, Trail Mix Chex Snack
- Side Dishes: Rainbow Carrots, Zucchini Fritters, Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Chicken: Korean BBQ Chicken Legs, Breaded Jalapeno Popper Chicken Meatballs, Chicken Satay Kebabs with Peanut Sauce
- Beef & Pork: Crispy Orange Pork over Rice, Bahn Mi Pork Cabbage Salad, Fried SPAM Cuban Hangover Sandwiches
- Fish & Seafood: Fried Shrimp with Cocktail Sauce, Fish Sticks, Crab Cakes Benedict
- Vegetarian Dishes: Veggie Burgers, Two-Ingredient Barbeque Pulled Jackfruit, Santa Fe Rice Bowls
- Desserts: Pecan Pie Bread Pudding, Pumpkin Crunch Cake, Strawberry Cupcakes
Look for The “I Love My Air Fryer” Gluten-Free Recipe Book: From Lemon Blueberry Muffins to Mediterranean Short Ribs, 175 Easy and Delicious Gluten-Free Recipes (“I Love My” Series) at your favorite bookstore or at Amazon.com.
What would do you like to eat with Classic Hot Wings?