This recipe for Honey Garlic Chicken is made with veggies, chicken, honey, and seasoning and is a delicious Whole 30 compliant meal.
I have a recipe for that I have had for years for a fabulous side dish called Honey-Garlic Angel Hair Pasta. I could eat it by the bowlful. Or perhaps POTFUL would be more accurate. It is just that good.
In an effort to start cleaning up my diet, I thought it would be great to take the base of the recipe and convert it to a healthy one-dish dinner.
One that is Paleo and Whole 30 compliant. Or better yet – just plain delicious for everyone. This recipe is ideal for one person, but it could be doubled.
How To Make Honey Garlic Chicken
To make Honey Garlic Chicken, I use NatureRaised Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Portions. (Note: the chicken needs to be thawed when making this dish.)
Then to keep things safe in the kitchen, I begin my prep by starting with the vegetables. I “spiralize” one zucchini and one yellow squash and set them aside. (Don’t have a spiralizer? Cut the veggies into long, thin strips.)
Then I cut the chicken it into 2″ strips that are about 1″ wide and season them with a little salt and pepper.
In a large nonstick skillet, I heat some coconut oil – about 2 tablespoons. I add the seasoned chicken and 1 red bell pepper that has been cut into strips. I saute them both with some minced garlic until the chicken is thoroughly cooked. To ensure that the chicken is safe to eat, I “cut” it into smaller pieces using my spatula. If it doesn’t “cut” easily or if there is any pink-ness to the meat, it needs to cook longer.
Next, I add the zucchini and squash, a half teaspoon of basil, a half teaspoon of thyme, and 2 tablespoons of honey into the skillet.
I let it simmer for 3-5 minutes and voilà – lunch (or dinner) is ready in a flash.
About NatureRaised Farms® chicken
- 100% natural* chicken bred through natural selection vs genetic modification
- No added antibiotics, hormones, or steroids** are used
- NatureRaised Farmschicken has been certified either by USDA Agriculture Marketing Service or Global Animal Partnership
- Chickens are fed 100% vegetarian diet and raised in modern, open barns with great ventilation and a safe place to go when there is inclement weather
- Shop at your local Sam’s Club freezer section to purchase NatureRaised Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Portions.
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 NatureRaised Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Portions, cut into strips
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 medium red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 medium zucchini, sprialized or julienned
- 1 medium squash, sprialized or julienned
- Heat coconut oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, garlic, and red bell pepper and saute until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Add honey, basil, thyme, zucchini and squash. Simmer for 3-5 minutes.
The entire dish is 16 points on Weight Watchers. You can add more chicken and/or veggies without increasing the point value. Share it with the one you love and it's only 8 points!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 340Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 199mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 3gSugar: 24gProtein: 22g
Nutrition information is an approximation.