Elevate your snack game with our Funfetti Popcorn recipe – a whimsical blend of colorful sprinkles and crunchy popcorn that promises to add a pop of joy to any occasion. Perfect for movie nights, celebrations, or a sweet treat just because!
White chocolate-coated popcorn with sprinkles is a homemade gourmet treat that adds funfetti flavor to any occasion. It’s perfect for birthday parties, movie nights, or as a special surprise for your friends and family. The crunch of the popcorn combined with the sweetness of white chocolate makes for an amazing combination. Sprinkles are added to give it a festive look, making this treat all the more fun to enjoy.
- large bag approx 4.5 ounces pre-popped popcorn
- 1 package almond bark
How To Make Gourmet Popcorn
Pour a bag of pre-popped popcorn into a large bowl.
Take one package of almond bark – the kind that you heat the bark in the provided tray. Microwave it according to package directions. It only took my microwave 60 seconds to get it to the soft stage you see below. Although it looks like a few hard chunks, those were actually soft and I only had to stir them for a little bit for them to melt into the rest of the bark.
Spoon or pour the melted almond bark onto the popcorn. (My large bowl was already being used to hold watermelon, so I used a 9 x 13 cake pan.)
Stir the popcorn and almond bark to try to make sure all of the popcorn gets coated.
Sprinkle with *sprinkles* and let cool. You can speed the cooling/drying process by placing it in the refrigerator if you’d like.
It’s a fun little treat that kids, both young and old, will enjoy.
Easy Gourmet Popcorn with Sprinkles
- 1 large bag approx 4.5 ounces pre-popped popcorn
- 1 package almond bark
- Pour popcorn into a large bowl.
- Microwave almond bark according to package directions.
- Pour almond bark over popcorn and stir well to coat all of the pieces.
- Sprinkle with sprinkles.
- Allow almond bark to dry.
Gourmet Popcorn Variations
This recipe is versatile. You can customize it for the holidays by switching out the sprinkles. Below are some ideas to get your creative juices flowing when it comes to adapting this recipe. (These are affiliate links to Amazon – I might earn a small commission if you happen to buy anything.)
- Valentine’s Day – Use red sprinkles and/or heart-shaped candies
- Memorial Day and Fourth of July – Use red, white, and blue patriotic sprinkles
- St. Patrick’s Day – Substitute green shamrock confetti and sprinkles for the confetti
- Halloween – A monster medley makes this popcorn perfect for sharing with ghouls and goblins
- Christmas – A blend of sprinkles and tiny Chrismas trees is sure to please
Like cake batter? Check out this video from Spicy Southern Kitchen for Cake Batter Popcorn: