This Buffalo chicken dip has all of the flavors that you love about buffalo chicken wings, without having to cook them yourself! Creamy and tangy with just enough spice from Frank’s RedHot sauce. It’s topped off by Cheddar cheese for an extra kick in flavor before diving into this delicious treat.
Whether you’re looking for a delicious appetizer to share with friends or just something to snack on, this Buffalo chicken dip is sure to hit the spot.
Let’s look at how it is made.
For this delicious chicken appetizer, you need the following ingredients:
- Cream cheese
- Frank’s RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- Ranch dressing
- Crumbled blue cheese
- Worcestershire sauce
- Sharp Cheddar cheese
🔪How To Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
Begin by adjusting your oven rack to the middle position and heating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Combine 2 blocks of cream cheese (16 ounces total) and ¾ cup hot sauce in a medium bowl. Microwave until cream cheese is very soft, about 2 minutes, whisking halfway through microwaving. Whisk until smooth and no lumps of cream cheese remain.
Stir in chicken, ranch dressing, blue cheese, and Worcestershire until combined. It’s perfectly fine to leave visible bits of blue cheese.
Pour the mixture into a 2-quart baking dish and smooth the top with a rubber spatula.
Bake for 20 minutes and then remove the dish from the oven, stir the dip, and sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Return the dish to the oven and continue to bake until the cheese is melted and dip is bubbling around the edges, 15 to 20 minutes longer.
Transfer to wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with scallions and serve.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Baking dish
- 1 pound cream cheese
- ¾ cup Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 1 cup Ranch dressing
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese shredded (1 cup)
- 2 scallions sliced thin
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine cream cheese and hot sauce in medium bowl and microwave until cream cheese is very soft, about 2 minutes, whisking halfway through microwaving. Whisk until smooth and no lumps of cream cheese remain. Stir in chicken, ranch dressing, blue cheese, and Worcestershire until combined (visible bits of blue cheese are OK).
- Transfer mixture to 2-quart baking dish and smooth top with rubber spatula. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove dish from oven, stir dip, and sprinkle with Cheddar. Return dish to oven and continue to bake until Cheddar is melted and dip is bubbling around edges, 15 to 20 minutes longer. Transfer to wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with scallions and serve.
One-Hour Comfort Food
America’s Test Kitchen is a household name in the world of cooking, and their new book One-Hour Comfort: Quick, Cozy, Modern Dishes For All Your Modern Cravings has something for everyone. The recipes are easy to follow with instructions that take less than one hour from start to finish!
This book is all about the food that soothes you. It features dishes like Old-fashioned Chicken Noodle Soup, Cheeseburger Mac, Classic Macaroni and Cheese, White Chicken Chili – there is no shortage of comforting favorites in this cookbook!
Ranging from quick prep time-saving techniques plus a diverse perspective through organized categories such as Breakfast 24/7, Spoonable Bowls, Carbs, The Crispy Bits, Meaty, Cheesy Goodness, and Something Sweet. With 175-plus recipes, you’ll find the perfect comfort food for whatever ails you.
Look for One-Hour Comfort at your local bookstore or online retailers like Amazon.com (this is an affiliate link).