This moist Banana Oatmeal Cake is made with bananas and oats. It’s so delicious it might be your new favorite dessert AND breakfast! There are only a few ingredients, which means this cake will be quick and easy to make. And it tastes great too! What are you waiting for?
Whenever I have bananas that are starting to become a little too ripe, I like to make this Banana Oatmeal Cake. It doesn’t last long at my house. Let’s take a quick look at how you can make it with common pantry items.
For this sweet and moist cake, you need the following ingredients:
- all-purpose flour
- rolled oats
- baking soda
- unsalted butter
- light brown sugar
- ripe bananas
- vanilla extract
- rolled oats
🔪How To Make Banana Oatmeal Cake
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly spray an 8-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
Next, combine the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set the oat mixture to the side.
Cream butter and brown sugar on medium speed of an electric mixer for approximately 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, until it is well combined. Add bananas and vanilla to the butter mixture.
Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and beat until it is well combined. Try not to over-beat the mixture. Pour the banana cake batter into the prepared baking dish.
Make the crumbly topping by combining rolled oats, brown sugar, melted butter, and cinnamon together until it is crumbly. Sprinkle the cake with the topping mixture and
⏲️ Baking Time
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Let the cake cool for 20 to 30 minutes before digging in.
Like bananas? Be sure to check out these other recipes using bananas on Southern Kissed:
- Homemade Banana Pudding – This recipe is southern comfort in a bowl. Impress your family with warm banana pudding topped with homemade meringue.
- Banana Nut Muffins – Bake a batch of these muffins and eat some now and freeze some for later.
- Banana Bread – This recipe uses a special (and easy!) technique to bring out all of the juiciness of bananas to make a moist, delicious loaf.
Banana Oatmeal Cake
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ⅓ cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup ripe mashed bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter melted and cooled
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8 x 8 baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar on medium speed of an electric mixer for approximately 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time until well combined. Add bananas and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture, beating until well combined. Pour into prepared pan and set aside.
- For the topping, in a medium bowl combine the rolled oats, brown sugar, melted butter, and cinnamon together until crumbly. Generously sprinkle the cake with the topping mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool for 20 to 30 minutes.
Be sure to come back and tell us how your banana cake turned out!