If you like banana bread, then you are going to LOVE these Homemade Banana Nut Muffins. They are moist and have just the right amount of sweetness and nuts.
You don’t need any special skills or equipment to whip up a batch of these banana nut muffins. One large bowl and a muffin tin are the two main tools that you need. (Yes, you do need some measuring spoons and measuring cups, but I am assuming that you already have those in addition to the bowl and muffin tin/pan.)
How To Make Banana Nut Muffins
For these delicious breakfast treats, you need the following ingredients:
- unsalted butter
- whole milk
- an egg
- brown sugar
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
To make them, start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees and prepare your muffin tin/pan. I like to use parchment cupcake liners (see my Amazon affiliate picks at the bottom of the post for the brand that I use) and simply put them in my muffin pan.
To make the batter, mash three bananas. If your bananas are on the ripe side – meaning that the peels are starting to brown, then you are off to a great start.
If you have a potato masher, use it to make quick work of this task. Otherwise, just take the back of a spoon or some other utensil that has a wide surface area to mash them. (You could also use a ziplock bag like a glove and squeeze the bananas to mash them up.)
To the mashed bananas add melted butter and milk and stir.
Next, add an egg, vanilla, and the sugars and blend well.
Now, add the flour, salt, and baking soda. I like to measure out the flour in a large measuring cup and stir in the salt and baking soda before adding it to the “wet” mixture. Mix it well, but be careful to not over mix.
Fold in chopped walnuts. If you are not a walnut fan but do like pecans, some toasted pecans would work wonderfully.
Divide the batter between twelve muffin tins and bake for 18 – 20 minutes.
Homemade Banana Nut Muffins
- 3 bananas mashed
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup walnuts chopped + extra to top muffins before baking, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a standard muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Add the mashed bananas, melted butter, and milk to a large mixing bowl. Mix to combine.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla, and sugars.
- Add in the remaining dry ingredients and fold in until just mixed. Then, fold in the walnuts.
- Fill muffin pan cups to about 4/5 full. Top with additional walnuts, if desired.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool for at least 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Let the muffins cool and then enjoy! They are a great snack, dessert, or breakfast treat. Basically, you can have one whenever you want!