This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Conagra Brands. All opinions are mine alone. #SimpleSecret #CollectiveBias
Pssst. Would you like in on a little secret? You don’t have to order carry out in order to enjoy great Asian food at home. You – yes, you! – can make delicious Sesame Chicken in your very own kitchen. The secret is the sauce.
That’s right – the sauce. NEW P.F. Chang’s® Home Menu sauces are now available – exclusively – at your local Walmart and they are the simple secret to extraordinary flavor. The new P.F. Chang’s® sauces are Kung Pao, Teriyaki, and Sesame and are located on the same aisle as rice.
Simple Sesame Chicken
Let me share with you how to make this simple dish. You start by making chicken nuggets using flour, a little bit of salt & pepper, and milk. You fry them until they are cooked (about 4 minutes – they will look golden brown and should float). When they are finished cooking, remove them from the oil and let them drain on a paper towel.
Next, place all of the cooked nuggets in a glass baking dish (I used a 9×9 pan, but an 8×8 would work well, too). Pour a bottle of P.F. Chang’s® Sesame sauce over the nuggets, stir, and bake.
Once they have finished baking, stir that saucy goodness one more time and then you are ready to plate. To round out this meal, serve it with some white rice and some mixed Asian vegetables.
- 1 bottle P.F. Chang's® Sesame sauce
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" cubes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- Oil, for frying
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place flour, salt, and pepper in a large zip-top bag and shake to mix.
- Add chicken pieces in batches to flour mixture to coat. Remove chicken from bag and shake off excess flour. Dip chicken into milk and return back to flour mixture. Remove chicken again and shake off excess.
- Fry chicken in oil for 4-6 minutes or until done. Chicken should be light brown and float.
- Drain chicken pieces on paper towel.
- Place all of the cooked chicken into a glass baking dish. Pour bottle of P.F. Chang's® Sesame sauce on chicken and stir to coat all of the pieces.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 525Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 1086mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 46g