These Mini Personal Pumpkin Pies are not only cute but also a good way to make sure that everyone gets a “piece of the pie.”
These tasty little pies are surprisingly easy to make, especially since you can use a store-bought crust.
You begin by rolling out the crust on a lightly floured surface. To cut out the individual pie crusts, take a rim from a wide-mouth jar and use it as a “cutter.”
Cut out 21 circles and place each one in a muffin tin well.
Next, mix the ingredients together for the pumpkin pie filling. You can use a mixer if you’d like, but you really don’t need one. Just be sure that you mix the ingredients together well. Pour the filling into the prepared pie crusts.
Place the pumpkin pies in an 0ven that has been preheated to 425 degrees and bake for 10 minutes. Next, reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes. Let the pumpkin pies cool completely.
You can bake these the day before the big event and then simply top them with some whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon on the day you wish to serve them. Or you can even bake them days ahead.
Because of the fat content, pumpkin pie freezes well. You just need to be sure that they have fully cooled and then wrap them well before placing them in the freezer. Take them out the day before you need them and let them thaw in the fridge.
- 15-oz. package ready-to-bake pie crusts
- 15-oz. can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 12-oz. evaporated milk
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Toppings: Whipped cream and ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425°F and spray a 24-cup mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cut pie crust out into circles using a wide-mouth jar lid. Push pie circles down into the muffin cups. If needed, gently knead and roll out any extra dough left from the rings to make a total of 21 circles.
- Mix pumpkin pie filling ingredients in a large mixing bowl until smooth. Divide filling among the mini pie shells.
- Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 and bake an additional 10-12 minutes, until pie filling is just set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from muffin tin and topping with whipped cream. Garnish with some ground cinnamon, if desired, and enjoy!
These mini pumpkin pies can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 21 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 167 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 23mg Sodium: 123mg Carbohydrates: 22g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 10g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g
Pumpkin (Pie) Facts
- Pumpkins were first cultivated in Central America.
- Pumpkins are a type of squash and its botanical name is Cucurbita pepo.
- The variety of pumpkin (or if you prefer, squash) used by Libby’s is Cucurbita moschata.
- According to Guinness World Records, the world’s largest pumpkin pie weighed 3,699 pounds and was made by New Bremen Giant Pumpkin Growers (New Bremen, Ohio) on 25 September 2010. The diameter of the pie was 20 ft and the crust was made of 440 sheets of dough.
Surprisingly, not everyone loves pumpkin. For those people, I recommend my recipe for Mini S’Mores Pies.