Nutella Bread can be eaten any time of the day. It makes a great grab-and-go breakfast, a sweet mid-morning snack, or a dessert whenever something sweet is desired. My kids and I usually just call it Chocolate Bread, but regardless of what it’s called, it’s great!
Nutella Bread can be eaten any time of the day. It makes a great grab-and-go breakfast, a sweet mid-morning snack, or a dessert whenever something sweet is desired.
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 stick butter melted and cooled
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 ½ tsp. rapid or quick yeast
- ½ cup Nutella
- In the bread machine, put milk, butter, sugar, salt, bread flour and yeast (in that order).
- Remove dough upon completion and roll on a lightly floured work surface into a large rectangle. Spread Nutella on middle third of dough. (Slather a lot!)
- With a sharp knife or scissors, cut 1-inch strips down both sides of dough from filling to edge.
- Starting at one end, fold a strip from one side towards the middle. Next, fold the strip directly across over onto the first strip. Repeat. (See pictures below.)
- Place on a baking sheet and let rise for about 1 hour. (I like to spray my loaves with a little non-stick spray.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
This sweet irresistible loaf of chocolate bread is really easy to make.
Nutella is a delicious, chocolaty hazelnut spread that is made by the Italian manufacturing company Ferrero.
Nutella and this homemade sweet bread dough are a match made in chocolate heaven.