If you can use a can opener, you can make this delicious soup. Seven cans of simple ingredients make this soup super easy to make.
This slow cooker soup is loaded with veggies and beans and is a soup that you can feel good about eating. It can easily be prepared as a vegetarian meal – simply use vegetarian chili.
How To Make Easy Seven Can Soup
The hardest part about making this recipe is opening cans. You need one each of the following:
- Diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions
- Petite diced tomatoes
- Ro*Tel or tomatoes with green chiles
- Mixed vegetables
- Kidney beans
- Chili beans
If you like spicy food, you can easily substitute a can of Hot Ro*Tel for the original. You really could use any variety of diced tomatoes that have some sort of spicy peppers to liven up the soup. Key tip: do NOT drain the cans.
Pour the contents of all of the cans into your slow cooker and cook on LOW for 4-8 hours.
Easy Seven Can Soup
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can chili beans
- 1 can mixed vegetables
- 1 can corn
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomatoes with bell peppers and onion
- 1 can original Ro*Tel
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker and set on low.
- Cook for 4-8 hours.
Easy Seven Can Soup has become a family favorite, especially on cold days. We like to pair it with some homemade cornbread. When we have some habanero cheese on hand, I make my Peppered Cornbread.
When I don’t have the ingredients on hand to make cornbread, we eat this wonderful soup with whatever we can find in the pantry, usually tortilla chips, corn chips, or saltine crackers.
If you don’t have a slow cooker, you could place all of the ingredients in a large stock pot. Bring the soup to a boil, lower the temperature and then simmer on the stovetop for about 1/2 an hour. (If you have an Instant Pot, just use the slow cooker settings.)
If you have any leftovers, you can freeze them and enjoy later. Once the soup has cooled, ladle it into ziplock freezer bags. I recommend using quart size. Try to remove excess air from the bag to help prevent freezer burn. Date the freezer bag and use within 2 months for best results. When ready to eat, thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in a pot on the stove.
For more tasty soup recipes, check out the dishes below:
- Quick and Easy Taco Soup – This is a vegetarian take on the ever-popular taco soup. It’s unlikely anyone will notice that it’s meat-free.
- Potato Soup – This has to be the recipe that my husband wants me to make the most. It’s rich and creamy and loaded with potatoes.
- Lasagna Soup in a Bowl – This wholesome soup is made in the slow cooker making it a great option for when you don’t want to be stuck in the kitchen but still want something good to eat.