This Easy Banana Pudding recipe is a take on classic southern banana pudding with freshly sliced bananas, vanilla wafers, and creamy banana pudding and it comes together in a jiffy using common pantry and fridge staples.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe For Banana Pudding
- You don’t have to have any special kitchen equipment like a hand-held or stand mixer.
- The pudding mixture is blended with Cool Whip making it a light and creamy cool treat.
- Because it is easy to make, you can have your children “help” you in the kitchen, meanwhile, they can learn cooking skills that will last them a lifetime.
- Bananas are available year-round, making this a tasty treat that you can enjoy any time that you’d like.
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cup
📝Ingredients To Make Banana Pudding
- 3.5-ounce package of instant banana pudding
- 1 ½ cups cold milk
- Cool Whip (8-ounce container)
- Crushed vanilla wafers
- 2 bananas
👩🏻🍳How to Make Banana Pudding
Step 1: Add contents of pudding mix to a large mixing bowl. Add milk and whisk until the mixture is smooth. Let the pudding mixture sit for a couple of minutes to thicken.
Step 2: Meanwhile, slice bananas and coarsely crush vanilla wafers.
Step 3: Blend Cool Whip into the pudding mixture. Fold in bananas and crushed cookies.
Step 4: Scoop banana pudding into jars or dessert cups. When ready to serve, top with additional banana slices and vanilla wafers.
Store pudding in an airtight container or cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator.
Be sure to cover banana slices entirely in the pudding. When exposed to air, the bananas begin to oxidize and will cause you to have brown bananas. Keeping them covered will help prevent this from happening.
🔄Substitutions and Variations
If you can’t find instant banana pudding, you can use any 3.5-ounce box of instant pudding such as instant vanilla pudding mix. Banana and banana cream pudding work best in this recipe.
You can modify this recipe to create an elegant dessert to serve to guests.
- Whisk the pudding mix and milk together. Let it thicken for a couple of minutes and then blend in Cool Whip.
- Spoon ⅓ of the pudding mixture onto the bottom of a trifle dish.
- Add a layer of wafers and sliced bananas, followed by another layer of pudding. Repeat the layers finishing with a pudding layer.
For best results, consume prepared banana pudding within 1-3 days.
Easy Banana Pudding
- Mixing bowl
- 3.5 ounces instant banana pudding mix
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- 2 medium bananas
- Add contents of pudding mix to a large mixing bowl. Add milk and whisk until the mixture is smooth. Let the pudding mixture sit for a couple of minutes to thicken.
- Slice bananas and coarsely crush vanilla wafers
- Blend Cool Whip into the pudding mixture. Fold in bananas and crushed cookies.
- Scoop banana pudding into jars or dessert cups. When ready to serve, top with additional banana slices and vanilla wafers.
Be sure to come back and tell us how your banana pudding turned out!