For over 90 years, Americans have enjoyed the crispy, peanutty, sweet sensation candy bar known as Butterfinger. In line with their slogan, ‘Break out of the ordinary,’ this recipe for Butterfinger Dessert Waffles are anything but ordinary.
These waffles are made by making a homemade chocolate waffle base and adding one cup of Butterfinger pieces. (You can find packages of Butterfinger Baking Bits in the baking aisle in grocery stores.) Once the waffles have baked, they are topped with whipped topping and drizzled with both chocolate and caramel sauce. For the crème de la crème, they are sprinkled with additional Butterfinger pieces.
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 bag of Nestle Butterfinger Baking Bits
- Whipped Topping
- Chocolate Syrup
- Caramel Sauce
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Whisk together cocoa powder and vegetable oil in a large mixing bowl. Mix in egg and vanilla. (The mixture will look like a thick brownie batter at this point.)
- In a separate bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add milk and flour mixture to chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Fold in 1 cup of Butterfinger Baking Bits.
- Bake waffles in waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions.
- Top with whipped topping, drizzle with chocolate and caramel sauce, and sprinkle Butterfinger Baking Bits on top.
Serving Size:1 waffle
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 606Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 642mgCarbohydrates: 90gFiber: 4gSugar: 28gProtein: 14g
Nutrition information is an approximation.