Be sure to have a glass of your favorite milk ready when you make a batch of these irresistible Walnut Chocolate Chunk Cookies. They’re loaded with chocolate goodness and perfect for sharing.
How To Make Walnut Chocolate Chunk Cookies
These chocolate chip cookies are easy to make. You start by creaming shortening, butter, and the sugars together. Then you add eggs and vanilla.
Next, you add flour, the leavening agents (baking powder and baking soda), and salt. You want to make sure that it all gets combined really well.
And last, you want to fold in the chocolate and walnuts.
I like to use a cookie scoop when I make cookies so that they are uniform in size. If you don’t have a scoop, just try to make sure they are about the same size so that they cook evenly.
Bake the cookies in an oven that has been preheated to 375 degrees for about 12 minutes or until they are starting to turn a golden brown.
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3-oz. dark chocolate bar, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
- Cream shortening and butter with granulated and brown sugars in a large mixing bowl. Mix in eggs and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Add in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips, chopped chocolate and walnuts until thoroughly combined.
- Use a large cookie dough scoop to make 24 balls of dough. Place 6 balls of dough on the prepared baking sheet with 1-2 inches in between each ball. Flatten dough with the bottom of a glass.
- Place in pre-heated oven and bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from oven and cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 284Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 128mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is an approximation.
Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool completely on a wire rack.
I like to save some cookies for later. These cookies freeze well and should be fine in the freezer for up to 3 months.
If you are unable to find ingredients at your local store, you might be able to find them at (affiliate link) Vitacost.com.