Biscuits are the South’s most beloved quick bread. From gluten-free versions to savory and to sweet, these 9 biscuit recipes will take your breakfast (or dinner) to the next level!
1. Bacon Cheddar Biscuits from Live Well Bake Often
These Bacon Cheddar Biscuits by Danielle at Live Well Bake Often would be a great grab-and-go breakfast for busy days or would pair well with a beefy dinner. Along with the recipe, Danielle gives you tips on how to make biscuits, including how to make them rise taller.
2. Buttermilk Drop Biscuits from Smells Like Home
These Buttermilk Drop Biscuits from Tara at Smells Like Home are perfect for those days that you don’t feel like rolling out biscuit dough. They still have the great buttermilk taste and would be great smothered in homemade sausage gravy.
3. Gluten-Free Buttermilk Biscuits from Mama Knows Gluten Free
This Gluten-Free Buttermilk recipe from Audrey at Mama Knows Gluten Free is a great option for those who have a gluten intolerance or allergy. Audrey even tells you how you can make them dairy-free.
4. Gluten-Free Cinnamon Biscuits from Mama Knows Gluten Free
5. Green Chile Cheddar Biscuits from Cooking on the Front Burner
These Green Chile Cheddar Biscuits from Deb at Cooking on the Front Burner are what you need to go with your soups and chilis. I think they would pair well with huevos rancheros, too, for a great southwestern spin on breakfast.
6. Pumpkin Spice Biscuits from The View From Great Island
These Pumpkin Spice Biscuits from Sue at The View From Great Island would be perfect with acorn or butternut squash soup. Or with a little bit of honey butter slathered on them.
7. Soft and Tender Zucchini Cheddar Biscuits from Just a Little Bit of Bacon
These Soft and Tender Zucchini Biscuits from Annemarie at Just a Little Bit of Bacon would pair well with soups and stews and are a great way to use that zucchini that’s in your fridge.
8. Southern Biscuits and Chocolate Gravy from House of Nash Eats
For those times that you want to indulge in a true Southern breakfast treat, then you need to make this recipe for Southern Biscuits and Chocolate Gravy from Amy at House of Nash. Rich chocolate. Southern buttermilk biscuits. ‘Nough said.
9. Sriracha Cheddar Biscuits from Tikkido
These Sriracha Cheddar Biscuits from Nikki at Tikkido will add a little bit of something special to your next breakfast sandwich.
The Southern History of Biscuits