from 1 vote
Easy Skillet Cajun Nachos
Upvote your nachos with this Easy Skillet Nachos recipe with Cool Ranch Doritos. This beefy nachos recipe includes cajun spices and America’s favorite tortilla chips.
beef, dinner, nachos, recipe, Tostitos
medium white onion
small bell pepper
Salt & pepper
1. In a large sautee pan, heat enough vegetable oil on high heat, add 2/3 the amount of chopped white onion, and sauté for a few minutes until the onion turns golden brown.
2. Add ground beef followed by corn starch and Cajun seasoning to the pan. Continue to stir the pan until the beef is fully cooked.
3. Add tomato sauce and cook for another 2-3 minutes, make sure to coat the beef with tomato sauce completely.
4. Turn off the heat. Remove the pan off the stovetop. Taste the beef and adjust seasoning with salt & pepper, if necessary.
5. Preheat oven to 350F.
6. In a cast iron skillet or a casserole, put Tostitos chip in 1 layer followed by half amount of sauteed beef. Then top the beef with half the shredded cheddar cheese.
7. Then add the remaining cooked ground beef
and topped it up with the remaining shredded cheese.
8. Bake in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until the cheese on top melted completely.
9. Take the pan out of the oven, scatter over remaining chopped onion, cilantro, jalapeno. Add more Tostitos to the pan if desire. Serve immediately.
Top these tasty nachos with garnishes like cilantro, diced bell peppers, jalape
o, sour cream, and/or black olives.