Thai Coconut Curry Soup is made with plant-based goodness – tofu, vegetable broth, veggies, and a few other delicious items. Make a batch for when you crave something comforting and wholesome.
Course: Main Dishes
Keyword: curry, dinner, soup, Thai
Author: Jane Smith
1block firm tofu
½cupreduced-sodium soy sauce
Juice of 1 medium lemon
1medium red bell peppersliced
1cupchickpeasdrained and washed
1can coconut milk
1. Prepare tofu. Press the water out of the tofu for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile prepare the marinade by mixing soy sauce, water, and lemon juice in a bowl. After 10 minutes, cut tofu in cubes and marinate for about 1 hour. Best overnight.
2. Soak rice noodles in warm water while you prepare the soup.
3. Add chickpea, coconut, and vegetable broth in a blender. Process until no chickpea is left. Transfer the liquid to a medium saucepan, stir in curry and bring to a boil.
4. Meanwhile, heat a non-stick skillet with 2 tablespoons of oil and stir-fry carrots until tender. Remove carrots from skillet and add 1 tablespoon oil to stir fry bell pepper until tender. Remove bell pepper and keep on the side.
5. In the same skillet, add 2 tablespoons of oil and fry tofu until crispy and golden brown.
6. When the soup is boiling add rice noodles carrot and stir. Cook for about 2 minutes on low heat.
7. Prepare 4 serving bowls and pour soup in them. Top with bell pepper, cilantro and crispy tofu. Serve immediately.