White Chicken Chili
This recipe for Instant Pot White Chicken Chili is easy to make and is sure to become a family favorite. With a few simple ingredients, some seasonings, and about an hour, you'll have a delicious dinner on the table.
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 cups of water
- 2-3 Tablespoons Better Than Bouillon Chicken
- 2-4 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 jalapenos diced
- 1 poblano chile pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 - 2 Tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 cans 15-ounce cans navy beans undrained
- 1 4- ounce can chopped green chiles
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Combine water and Better Than Bouillon. Set aside.
Set Instant Pot to SAUTE. Add oil and onions and cook for 5 minutes.
Add peppers, garlic, and spices and sauté for 3 minutes.
Stir in beans, green chiles, chicken, and Better Than Boullion/water mixture.
Place lid on Instant Pot and move valve to SEAL.
Set BEAN/CHILI program for 30 minutes.
When finished, release the pressure valve.
Remove the lid and stir in the sour cream.
Serve over rice, if desired.
Instead of water and bullion, you can substitute 2 cups of chicken broth or stock.
To thicken the chili, combine 1/4 cup cornstarch with enough water or chicken broth to make a slurry. Add to the chili after it is finished and stir well. It should thicken in a few minutes.
Serving: 1 | Calories: 341kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 775mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g