Shrimp and Sausage Jambalaya
This recipe for Shrimp and Sausage Jambalaya will make your taste buds think you are in New Orleans! It's naturally gluten-free and low-carb and will probably work for those on a keto diet.
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package Johnsonville New Orleans Spicy Smoked Sausage Links andouille sausage, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1-2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 each - red green, and yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 14 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons Seafood Magic
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package of raw large shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
In a large stockpot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add sausage and sauté until sausage begins to brown. Remove sausage and set aside.
In the same pot, melt butter and add onion and peppers. Sauté for 8 minutes until onions start to become translucent.
Stir in tomatoes, garlic, oregano, Seafood Magic, and tomato paste. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
Add sausage back to the stockpot, lower the heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add lemon juice and shrimp, cover, and remove from heat.
Calories: 243kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 27g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 298mg | Sodium: 1416mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g